The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+9
solidwalnut
Graham G
fredo
spikey
j200george
HwyStar
tas9195
Phryght
Syn666
13 posters

Mac and PC editor available here !

fredo
    fredo

Mac and PC editor available here ! Empty Mac and PC editor available here !

Post by fredo Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Edit - The new version with Library Editor and full support for GrandMeister Deluxe 40 is now available for both Mac and Windows here : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/

Guys,

I just uploaded a version of my GrandMeister editor with experimental support for GrandMeister Deluxe 40 (Windows only for now) : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    As I only own a GrandMeister 36, I was not able to test the app with a GM40 head, so any feedback on how it performs would be greatly appreciated !

Fredo.

Last edited by fredo on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:54 am; edited 4 times in total
    Syn666
    Syn666

Mac and PC editor available here ! Empty Re: Mac and PC editor available here !

Post by Syn666 Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:36 am

Thanks for the awesome news, Fredo! Unfortunately, I'm working out of town this week, and won't be back until next weekend. Will post my feedback by then.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 am

FWIW here is some feedback from a French GM 40 owner that tested the app :
    Code:
    From App to GM40 :
    - Changing presets (1-2, ....) : OK
    - Changing parameters ( power soak, volume, reverb .... etc) : not working

From GM40 to app :
    - Changing parameters : OK

Backup : OK

Cheers,

Fredo.
    Phryght
    Phryght

Post by Phryght Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:14 am

Awesome! I'll try it this evening (USA Central Time)
    Phryght
    Phryght

Post by Phryght Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 am

fredo wrote:FWIW here is some feedback from a French GM 40 owner that tested the app :
    Code:
    From App to GM40 :

From GM40 to app :

Cheers,

Fredo.

I couldn't get it to respond at all. I've used the app with the GM36 (so I "think" I'm doing everything correctly) , but I can't get the app to change presets. I can see the value change on the app if I change a knob on the GM40, but I know that the amp is NOT on preset 1 when it powers up (as it should be on my last patch which would be in the 20's), even though the app says it is on preset 1.
    Phryght
    Phryght

Post by Phryght Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 am

Phryght wrote:
    fredo wrote:FWIW here is some feedback from a French GM 40 owner that tested the app :
    Code:
    From App to GM40 :

From GM40 to app :

Cheers,

Fredo.

I couldn't get it to respond at all. I've used the app with the GM36 (so I "think" I'm doing everything correctly) , but I can't get the app to change presets. I can see the value change on the app if I change a knob on the GM40, but I know that the amp is NOT on preset 1 when it powers up (as it should be on my last patch which would be in the 20's), even though the app says it is on preset 1.

Quick update. Connecting the amp to my midi interface alone, did not work. I had to connect HELIX MIDI OUT --> M-TRACK MIDI IN --> MTRACK MIDI OUT --> GM40 MIDI IN --> GM40 MIDI OUT --> HELIX MIDI IN
    This gave me the results of being able to change amp presets via the app, but make no parameter changes (but at least I can see the settings).

fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:02 am

OK thx for the feedback Phryght !
    I don't think adding the Helix the MIDI loop solved your problem, but more likely the fact that you disconnected / reconnected the MIDI interface.
    The behavior you describe confirms what has been tested by the other user (app to amp parameter setting is not working).
    I'll fix the app -> amp parameter sending as soon as I receive the GM40 head from H&K and release a new version of the app.

Fredo.
    Phryght
    Phryght

Post by Phryght Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:38 am

fredo wrote:OK thx for the feedback Phryght !
    I don't think adding the Helix the MIDI loop solved your problem, but more likely the fact that you disconnected / reconnected the MIDI interface.
    The behavior  you describe confirms what has been tested by the other user (app to amp parameter setting is not working).
    I'll fix the app -> amp parameter sending as soon as I receive the GM40 head from H&K and release a new version of the app.

Fredo.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Not sure why the first setup wasn't working. I tried it several times, even after the helix setup. Anyway, the important thing for now is that I can at least see the settings in the app so that I can set the values consistently across presets.
    tas9195
    tas9195

Post by tas9195 Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Glad to hear you are doing this mine is on the way. Now I can only hope for an android version for on the go
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:14 pm

The new version of the app with full support for GM40 is available for download here (Windows only for now) : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Please give me your feedback on how it works for you.

Fredo.
    tas9195
    tas9195

Post by tas9195 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Awesome thanks just in time, question is there a way to use an external pedal that is programmable I have the mission sp 1 which can be assigned for volume, wah, gain boost, delay changes etc... I asked them and it can be as long as you have a way to assign it which would have to be through the app. I used it with the Axe fx II but it was fully programmable. I really just want to use it as a volume pedal. Also is there going to be an android version
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:38 am

Hi tas9195,
    Re the mission sp 1, you can actually use it by connecting it the the Control inputs of the FSM 432. See the documentation here : http://hughes-and-kettner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FSM_432_1_2.pdf
    You will then be able to control any of the amp's parameter with your expression pedal (volume, gain, reverb or delay level, delay time etc.).
    The configuration has to be done on the FSM 432, it as nothing to do with the amp or the app.
    About the android version, I read a post recently from H&K saying that a new version is available and compatible with the GM40.

Cheers,

Fredo.
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Awesomw news, Fredo, thanks for the hard work. Will try both the Win desktop and Android versions throughout the week, and keep you guys posted!
    tas9195
    tas9195

Post by tas9195 Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Awesome Fredo, thanks for everything you put into this
    tas9195
    tas9195

Post by tas9195 Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 pm

kind of a bummer I got all excited and found the app in google play and my samsung s7 edge and my amazon fire tablet which is android are not compatible, I can't believe the most recent samsung phone and one of the best on the market isn't compatible
    tas9195
    tas9195

Post by tas9195 Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Ok maybe I jumped the gun, I just got it to download on the fire but still not on my phone.
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:50 am

I managed to connect my Android tablet and the amp usiing the app, but still have to understand how it works... So far I'm pressing different items on the screen, but still don't know hot to start programming, or even how to back up all that I had already programmed manually...
    tas9195
    tas9195

Post by tas9195 Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm

yeah I am sure it will be trial and error I haven't even had a chance as much as I have been working
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:02 pm

A new version is available here with some bug fixes : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    fredo
    fredo

Mac and PC editor available here ! Empty Mac and PC editor available here !

Post by fredo Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:44 am

And here comes the Mac version with library Editor and full GrandMeister Deluxe 40 support ! : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Please send me your feedback.

Fredo.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:04 am

Excellent workmanship Fredo! ^^^

j200george

Post by j200george Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:08 am

Hi guys, what does the above editor allow me to do that the app doesn't? Why do i need it? Happy to load up (now i have a usb to midi cable) and test if required.

I have been having a couple of issues with the "soak mute bug" on midi pc change... would this help in anyway in diagnostics?

Sorry if being thick,...

fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:00 am

Hi j200george,

The main improvement of my editor over the iPad app is the Library Editor, it's a table view of all the presets that you can use for copy/paste/move operations :
    Mac and PC editor available here ! Library-editor

Can you tell me more about the "soak mute bug" ?

Fredo.
    j200george
    j200george

Post by j200george Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:11 am

Ahhh... excellent work Fredo i will have a look and see if i can connect.

The "bug" i refer to is discussed in the following thread

https://handkusers.forumotion.com/t346p25-midi-commands-to-change-channels-fyi
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:09 am

OK thanks for the link !
    Someone reported this issue using my app too, so obviously it won't help :-/...
    I did not experienced the problem, but now that I have the exact procedure I will try and reproduce it.
    The ipad app and the FSM don't use MIDI Program Change to change preset on the amp, that's probably the reason why you don't have the bug with it.
    Other workaround would be to simply use a patch jack between input and output of the fx loop just in case !...

Cheers,

Fredo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:00 pm