The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts?

OldPunk
    OldPunk

Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts? Empty Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts?

Post by OldPunk Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:24 am

I don't see a lot of posting for the TM 40 D. Is that b/c of low popularity or sales? Or am I in the wrong place? TFTI
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts? Empty Re: Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts?

Post by bordonbert Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Just because we've not seen too many of them OP.  I think most people now go for the GM series.  It would be interesting to hear the TM40D against say a GM36 to see how they compare tonally.  People do say that the GM40D sounds very different to the GM36 but I have yet to be convinced, purely based on online listening, I have never had a GM40D under the cosh.  The GMs are much more flexible with their full MIDI capabilities though so a lot of people go straight to them for that. That said, the TM40D tone could even be better for all I know.

Rock On Humble Pie
    OldPunk
    OldPunk

Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts? Empty Re: Can we include the Tubemeister 40 Deluxe in these posts?

Post by OldPunk Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 am

I ended up choosing the TM40 because i have a Boss GT100 which is a wonderful multi-FX board. I considered the GM40, but saw I would not have a wah pedal and harmonizer, which I love the sound of (esp in my punk band, it's both surprising and hilarious) If I was gonna have MORE stuff at my feet, I decided to just have the all in one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 pm