The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100)

daiquirifrozen

Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100) Empty Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100)

Post by daiquirifrozen Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:48 am

Does it make sense? Question
    daiquirifrozen

Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100) Empty Re: Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100)

Post by daiquirifrozen Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:07 am

Hi all
    Does anyone use gm36 with multieffect pedalboards?
    Good results?
    I ask this becouse i'd like to buy boss gt 100 for effects, but i wonder if it works fine...if it needs to deactivate amp simulation to benefit from great gm36 sound...
    The question is...does this make sense?
    Any experience?
    Thx
    normula1

Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100) Empty Re: Using GM36 with external guitar effects processors (ie BOSS GT 100)

Post by normula1 Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:10 am

I'm using a TC G-Major in the FX loop with a TC Nova Drive in the front end and control the whole lot with a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foorswitch with the LG-FCB board fitted.

I preferred the sounds of the G-Major, but the flexibility of the LG-FCB board in the footswitch allows me to use the on-board FX as stomp boxes on a per preset basis if I choose to do so.
    namklak
    namklak

Post by namklak Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm using a Line6 HD500X.  I use it for input-side effects (noise gate, compressor, tube screamer, EQ, vol pedal, wah) into the front guitar Input of the GM, and for midi control of the GM.  No modeling - with midi control of the GM, it's like a tube modeler.  Very easy setup and use.  I find the effects in the GM are good enough for the southern rock I'm doing, so I'm not bothering with a 4 Cable Method setup.  First practice band loved it, one more practice with it and a gig next Friday for 300.  If we get vid I'll post a link somewhere on the GM forum.  The GM is soooo much better than the C V3m I was using...  and I'm LOVING the midi control, mostly Program Change messages and a CC for Boost on/off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am