The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

4 posters

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo

jerryx2000
    jerryx2000

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo Empty Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo

Post by jerryx2000 Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi guys,

would you still buy the Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo today? I just saw a shop selling it new for 570€. It has the 12" speaker. I just jam at home. I currently have a Fender Champion 20.

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo Hk-tub10
    Guitarwiz007
    Guitarwiz007

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo Empty Re: Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo

Post by Guitarwiz007 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:03 am

If it has the power soak it's fantastic. Otherwise, might be a bit loud for home use.
    bloodied_fingers
    bloodied_fingers

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo Empty Re: Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Twelve Combo

Post by bloodied_fingers Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:36 pm

I don't have the combo, but a TM18 with a 1x12" cab (celestion green).

Since purchasing about a year ago I'm pretty happy with this amp for home use. It has a 1W, 5W, full power setting that helps tame it. I play only at home too, but I still think the versatility of the amp is worth it.

It seems to work great as a pedal platform and I've taken to using a volume pedal in the effects loop to push the front end while not getting over-loud.

The cleans are pristine enough I can easily play acoustic through the same setup.

So yes, I would buy it again.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:56 am

I have the 18 1x10" combo  (had it for 5 years) and love it. I would buy the 20 if they had a 10" combo (I like the 10 for weight but also think fits in a live mix really well).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am