The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory?

GuitarGene
    GuitarGene

Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory? Empty Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory?

Post by GuitarGene Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:55 am

Hi all, I am new here. I picked up a used GM40 a few weeks ago and am getting to grips with the app.

One thing I am trying to figure out is is it possible to save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory?

For example, if I am editing a preset from the app and the memory selector is set to APP, can I then store this one preset to the amp memory but not the entire app memory preset list?

Also, is there an online Preset database for the GM40 similar to what Fractal Audio do, where we can exchange presets etc?

Thanks, GG
    Lerxst1
    Lerxst1

Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory? Empty Here is how to do it.

Post by Lerxst1 Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:24 pm

I believe the Help menu in the app describes how to do this.
    First, while the app is set to "App" with the Memory Selector switch, make your adjustments.
    Second, press the Store button briefly.
    While the Store button is lit, move the Memory Selector switch to "Amp".
    Lastly, using either your FSM MK III midi footswitch or the Bank settings in the app, go to the Bank where you want the patch stored, (if necessary), the push the A, B, C or D button to store the patch in that memory slot.
    Tap the Store button again to exit the process.

Hope this helps!
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory? Empty Re: Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory?

Post by bordonbert Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:17 am

Good post Lerxst, and welcome to the forum.  I'm afraid I couldn't help with this as I don't have a GM40 and don't ever use my GM36 with the app, at least not the most recent version.  Hope this sorts out your problem GG.  Let us know if it works for you. And I should have said welcome to the forum to you too of course.

Rock On Humble Pie
    GuitarGene
    GuitarGene

Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory? Empty Re: Can I save just 1 preset only from the APP Library to the amp rather than the whole selected presets memory?

Post by GuitarGene Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks to you Lerxst, I will try that when I have the amp set up. I bought the foot controller but there was a problem with it, so had to return it but the new one arrived today. I will program the amp with a few presets for a gig I have on Sunday night.

I have an old vintage Marshall 1x12  'check' grill cloth my Dad used years ago, I think it's '73 or 4. I discovered it was woodwormed  a few years ago and treated it's walls with wood preserver. I attempted to fit a new speaker to it 2 weeks ago only to realise the woodworm had done extensive damage to the baffle the speaker attaches to, it was honeycombed.  I made a new baffle and fitted new white piping and cloth to it and fitted great Harma speaker from  England into it. These are bigger than your usual 1x12, it sounds HUGE, great for vintage Hendrix, Zepp, Cream etc. Amp and cab work very well together Very Happy. I will never use a small type 1x12 again, more air space in cab and more bass. It is as good as any 4x12 I ever used in a smaller format. I intend making another one.

I blew the original Creamback that was in this cab around '91 or '92 with a Marshall 50 watt 'Rocker' head that was on the blink and it has sat idle ever since. But now this cab it's ready for a series of gigs with a particular group I'll be doing some work with next year, gonna use the GM40 and this old cab for these particular gigs.

Thanks all for the welcome here Smile

Last edited by GuitarGene on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:18 am