The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

GD40 preset copy

Bullzilla1
    Bullzilla1

GD40 preset copy Empty GD40 preset copy

Post by Bullzilla1 Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:20 am

Hello all
    Just got my grandmeister 40 about a week ago and wow this is awesome. I purchased the 36 a couple years ago and didn’t like the tone on it at all but this 40 to me is like night and day. I need a little help, I don’t have the foot controller but I have a modeling floor board atomic amplifire 12 and it’s got midi so I’m using it in like stereo with the GD40. What I need to know is how you can copy a preset you have made and let’s say it’s your preset #1 then I want to copy it and make it preset #2 that I’m going to ad delay to. Hopefully someone can help
    Thanks in advance
    VanMaco
    VanMaco

GD40 preset copy Empty GD40 preset copy

Post by VanMaco Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:00 am

Hello,

Tweak your amp settings as you like and hit the amps store button once. When the GM40 store light flashes, with your amplifire12 use the up or down bank buttons to select the desired bank and hit the preset button to store the settings to the desired preset location.

bordonbert likes this post

GuitargutsMD
    GuitargutsMD

GD40 preset copy Empty presets

Post by GuitargutsMD Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:51 am

Do this also work for the Behringer FCB1010 footcontroller.
    Select tone etc.. hit store on head, then hit preset on FBC1010?

What about controlling the volume from this pedal as well?

Thanks
    Dom
    VanMaco
    VanMaco

GD40 preset copy Empty Re: GD40 preset copy

Post by VanMaco Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:05 am

The storing procedure should work with any midi pedal... cos' they're just... midi pedals = external controllers.

To control all other midi program changes via expression pedals, you must first program the midi pedal to meet the GM40 midi mapping.
    The midi implementation chart / controller list can be found on page 12 of the GM40 manual.
    Hope this helps...

bordonbert likes this post

Sponsored content

GD40 preset copy Empty Re: GD40 preset copy

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am