The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Clicking inside head during patch changes with FCB1010 MIDI pedalboard

mbow1368
    mbow1368

Clicking inside head during patch changes with FCB1010 MIDI pedalboard Empty Clicking inside head during patch changes with FCB1010 MIDI pedalboard

Post by mbow1368 Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:53 pm

I'm hearing a clicking inside the head when I change patches using a Behringer FCB1010 with the GM40D. I don't hear this when I use the H&K FSM-432 MIDI controller. I did have to use a 5-pin MIDI cable to connect the Behringer due to its MIDI out jack. The FSM-432 uses a 7-pin MIDI cable to the head. However, pins 6 and 7 typically run power, so I'm assuming this is used for powering the LEDs and the display for the bank number on the 432. The Behringer has it's own power cord. I've written H&K and they're saying "that sounds strange" and suggesting I contact Behringer. Anyone else run into this? Not sure if it's a relay that is switching (then why wouldn't it fire with the 432?) or something worse that shouldn't be clicking... Appreciate anyone's help! Thanks!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:18 am