The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp

andrehughes
    andrehughes

GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp Empty GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp

Post by andrehughes Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:25 am

Like everyone else my WMI-1 app stopped connecting after the iOS 14 upgrade.  Today I upgraded the iPad software to 14.4.1.  And voila!  The WMI-1 app connected.  So I launched the Grandmeister Deluxe 40 app and....nothing.  It just sits there saying Connecting To Amp Please Wait.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Grandmeister app but no change.  Very frustrated.  I am ready to just go with the Windows app.  But I bought the WMI-1 and the iPad just for the Grandmeister.  Seems like it has to be something simple. The WMI-1 app is connected, what else could there be preventing the Grandmeister app from connecting to the amp? Do I have to downgrade to iOS 13?  Thanks guys
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp Empty Re: GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp

Post by bordonbert Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:56 am

I have to be honest and say up front, I'm not a fan of anything wireless.  I have worked with computers almost every day of my working life.  I'm a programmer/electronics engineer so the technology is a known thing to me.  I can't help thinking that in most situations a wire has visual transparency, no setup beyond plugging in and any problems with it are most easily diagnosed and fixed.  To me, wireless is the choice of shamans and wizards at best. Wink  However, I know there are guys like yourself out there who are not stuck back in the Luddite era and the technology should be wonderful when it works.

As I said I don't know all of the ins and outs of the WMI-1 and its usage but, have you got your channels setup correctly in the relevant areas?  I would assume you know how to check this as you had the gear working before the infamous update.  I would still start there and check that the channels as reported on the amp match the channels in your app settings.  Can you just confirm this?

I would also look at whether there are any generic network related settings needing updating in the new OS.  Is it possible it may just not be talking to the WMI-1 at all due to network settings?  The fix to this problem may mean some changes in setup procedure or even lost settings during the OS upgrade.  Afraid I can't offer any advice as to what they may be, I'm a pronounced "i" hater too! Laughing  Can you see anything on the iPad which tells you the iPad and WMI-1 are communicating correctly and the problem is between the WMI-1 and GM40D?  Is the wifi network you have selected to connect to the correct exclusive one for the WMI-1?

EDIT: Just had a thought.  What speed is your iPad network adapter?  802.11 has a lot of different levels and the WMI-1 may not like it if they don't have a common one they can link in to.  What exact model is your iPad?

EDIT EDIT:  Rolling Eyes   Here is something I found from a previous WMI-1 query back in 2017. This was advice George got back from H&K support.
    J200George wrote:The 802.11ac standard sends on 5 GHz. Our module, however, sends only on 2.412 to 2.462 GHz and supports 802.11 b/g.  The N-standard, which George can also activate with his router, also supports 2.4 - 2.4835 GHz as a second frequency band. George should activate it, or just try ‘n’. The N-standard should be compatible with the b and g networks.  Sometimes the routers have an auto function, and in this case the right standard is always chosen. George should try that out…”
    That may offer some other info - or then again, it may not!

Rock On Humble Pie
    andrehughes
    andrehughes

GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp Empty Re: GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp

Post by andrehughes Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 pm

Working now.  After uninstalling and reinstalling the apps 20 times it finally works.  Not sure what I did differently to get it working.  
    But I can confirm that the WMI-1 app and the Grandmeister 40 app both work on iOS 14.4.2   GrandMeister Deluxe 40 Remot‪e not connecting to amp 1f64f

bordonbert likes this post

smurf211
    smurf211

Post by smurf211 Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:24 am

I have had the same issue intermittently. One thing that seems to work is after everything is up and running and I'm getting no connects or wmi not found I restart the ipad and it comes up and connects. -hth

bordonbert likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:00 pm