The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Gm40 Deluxe connection problem

wacor
    wacor

Gm40 Deluxe connection problem Empty Gm40 Deluxe connection problem

Post by wacor Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:06 am

I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have a new Gm40 that I am trying to connect to my laptop

I have a windows computer. Downloaded the app H&k suggested for using with windows

Bought a Roland midi to usb interface

But I am not getting the signal to show up synced on the computer

I am clueless on this stuff. Am I supposed to connect to the midi on the amp next to where to pedal plugs in
    or into the connection on the pedal?

I like the amp but to me there is nothing intuitive about it. Takes a bit of learning

I have been told that using the app will help things a lot. Would love to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bill
    ozmick
    ozmick

Gm40 Deluxe connection problem Empty Re: Gm40 Deluxe connection problem

Post by ozmick Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:02 pm

To be honest, I've never been able to get the PC app to work properly. When I finally managed to get it to connect, the knob labels were overlaid incorrectly and the program was very glitchy.
    I use the iPad app and it works perfectly so I ended up staying with that. Only issue with that was the physical connection was awkward - iPad -> Lightning to 30 pin adaptor -> 30 pin midi adaptor -> midi cable.
    ugabuga
    ugabuga

Post by ugabuga Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:32 pm

I have the Windows app working. Make sure you connect both the IN and OUT midi cables from the midi adapter to the in and out midi ports on the back of the amp. Should go from 'IN' on the amp to 'OUT' on the adapter and vise versa for the other one.

Then in the app, select the midi setup from the menu at the top and select your midi adapter as the midi device. If the USB is plugged in, the app should see it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:05 pm