The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Midi wiring

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Midi wiring Empty Midi wiring

Post by bordonbert Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:02 am

I can't find just a simple schematic anywhere for hooking up the app and I find that odd. I know there is only 3 cables for a full setup but even so, it could be useful for other new users.

I have two versions of the app running on both a Windows laptop and a Nexus 7 Android through a Lexicon Lambda acting as midi interface. It works fine for both when the amp is connected to the Lambda with 2 standard midi cables. Everything functions as it should. Then I add in the FSM 432 Mk3 with its bespoke 7 pin cable, as seen in the (not terribly clear) H&K video with the finger style guitar backing. I've connected Lambda Out to FSM In, FSM Out to GM36 In, and GM36 Out to Lambda In, the FSM works and the app reflects changes made via that and on the amp itself, but I have no control over anything from the App.

I'm no expert on the app yet so there may be settings that I'm missing but channels are set correctly and it responds perfectly both ways without the FSM432 in place, (barring the slight irritating click on selection changes). I've tried it in Preset and Stompbox mode on the FSM but no difference.

Maybe this is the way it works with the footswitch taking precedence when the two of them are in place but that's not what I'm seeing in the iPad video. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:38 pm