The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3

Donation or Corruption
    Donation or Corruption

TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3 Empty TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3

Post by Donation or Corruption Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:46 am

Hi there, I am new to the forum. Hopefully to benefit something from the group in here.

I have got my MK3 for the past 6 months or so, getting it direct from its origin in Germany. It cost twice the price of my other amp the Mesa MarkV, my fav before I venture into the unknown of the Triamp territory. Anyway, its my pleasure to acknowledge that I am one happy user of the amp that were said to 'change the game'.

Alright. I ahve been using the foot controller that came with it. Pretty decent, smart and sleek design. But again as you all know that the amp is not built with any effect to complete it. As there, I have purchased a TC electronic G system for the purpose. I have had the G for the past few days trying to figure out what and how to confure. I treid the 4CM as i used to do when using the foot controller, using both the balanced and unbalanced cable as suggested in another forum but to no success. I purchased a MIDI cable and tried hard with it but I can't even configure how to store patches in it.

I am becoming more frustrated the more time I invest and the harder I try rendeer  rendeer .

Would appreciate any helps and assistance form anyone having the same set up in the group.

Cheers
    gravydb
    gravydb

TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3 Empty Re: TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3

Post by gravydb Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 am

I have quite a bit of experience with the G-System (it was part of my prior rig) but it was in conjunction with a simple TM18 head, not a TriAmp! Therefore I was not compelled to use the G’s midi capabilities because the only communication that occurred between the G and the TM was channel changes via a TRS cable.

I’ll give the same general advice that I have given others: if you haven’t done so already, download and study the famous G-System guide written by Laird Williams. And then study it again. Also take advantage of the TC Electronic User Forum, I learned a ton there. Between those 2 resources you should be able to make some good progress.
    IMO the G-System is an incredible piece of gear but it is very far from being plug-and-play. It takes a lot of work to get it configured and behaving the way you want, and then the never-ending tweaking begins with the seemingly infinite parameter controls. So, don’t beat yourself up too much while you’re on the infamous G learning curve. Lots of casualties along that path 

Good luck, and if there’s something in particular you need help with, I’ll try my best to remember, hopefully I’m not too far removed from it at this point.
    Donation or Corruption
    Donation or Corruption

TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3 Empty Re: TC Electronic G System to Triamp Mark 3

Post by Donation or Corruption Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Dear gravydb,

There had not been any good progress with the G-System/Triamp MK3 matching since I asked in this forum back to many months ago. Thereafter, got myself a Kemper KPA which turn out to be a fantastic profiling amp with every capability needed is in there. I was possessed and obsessed onto it that the G and Triamp basically being kept aside with no obvious use. Often times I power ON my Triamp and jam once with it but using its own MIDI foot controller and looped stomp modulator instead.

Now, I am back to the G trying to put into good use, however, could not really figure out any better source for help in doing so. For your previous generous reply, I have been trying to find ways to contact you via email so that will not be bothered to ask thru this forum as I see that am the only one having this problem and using the Triamp Mk3.

I hope you don't mind to offer your expertise in helping through a direct email correspondence, if you care, please.

Appreciate if you could reach me on sela@desb.net.

Thank You

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:58 pm