The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Hand exercises, to help warm up and strengthen by.

HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Hand exercises, to help warm up and strengthen by. Empty Hand exercises, to help warm up and strengthen by.

Post by HwyStar Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:44 am

I was watching a piano video on how to exercise and warm up your hands/arms before playing.  I would think this applies to guitarist's as well:

(Goto 3:08 to bypass the gibberish)

And here is a link to WebMD that has good basic exercises:
    http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/oa-treatment-options-12/slideshow-hand-finger-exercises

There are other great links on the video page to use that apply to guitarists too!

VoodooJeff

Hand exercises, to help warm up and strengthen by. Empty Re: Hand exercises, to help warm up and strengthen by.

Post by VoodooJeff Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

I actually carry one of the squeeze ball things that DR offers. I tend to walk away from events with a ton of their swag (yeah, I`m supposed to give it away). I leave it in my vehicle, and have a little routine I go through every time I get in and drive somewhere. It really helps. Between that and some hand stretches I got way back at GIT my hands stay in pretty good shape, barring the recent flare up of carpal tunnel syndrome (but even that is regulated with care and proper nutritional supplementation)