The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

WMI-1 change from Access Point to Client Mode

frankyguitar
    frankyguitar

WMI-1 change from Access Point to Client Mode Empty WMI-1 change from Access Point to Client Mode

Post by frankyguitar Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Hey folks,

I' m a fresh owner of a GM40 which seems to be the perfect solution for me so far.
    The thing, I have my problems with is this little midi "wmi-1"
    I had no problem to get connection between iPad via "WMI-Connect Tool" to the WMI, but what has to be done, if I want to change to Client Mode.
    I tried eferything I could think about, without result so far.

I use an router from AVM 7460 which is pretty much up to date, and iPad.
    I tried ot activate WPS but got no connection to my WMI
    I tried to manually switch to Home Network client, not success waiting waiting

Does anybody has an idea or solution for me

Thanks
    Frank
    barondeblot
    barondeblot

WMI-1 change from Access Point to Client Mode Empty Re: WMI-1 change from Access Point to Client Mode

Post by barondeblot Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 am

Hi Frank,

This is a very late reply and I hope that you have found a solution in the meantime. My WMI also had stopped to connect and I found the following solution which worked well:

On the WMI pull the short MiDi out (7 pin plug) out of the amp. Keep the amp running and press the set button on the WMI whilst plugging the MiDi out lead back into the amp. Keep the set button held for 10 seconds after which the WMI should respond normal again. It should now connect in either mode to your IPad or network router.

Kind regards

Martin

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:31 pm