The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

How do you remove the amp out of the H&K Tubemeister 18 Combo?

64ironhead
    64ironhead

How do you remove the amp out of the H&K Tubemeister 18 Combo? Empty How do you remove the amp out of the H&K Tubemeister 18 Combo?

Post by 64ironhead Sun May 12, 2019 11:08 am

Hello,

I've had this amp for over five years and the tubes are beginning to degrade and getting noisy.  (It has the 10" speaker.)  

I could not find any online videos on how to remove the amp from the Combo cabinet to change out the tubes. I found an online article that indicated I need to remove the two top screws from the rear corner brackets and that they were the only screws/bolts needed to be removed. I did that but the amp does not budge.  Is that the only screws/bolts that need to come out?

Does anyone have any recommendations on how this comes out of the cabinet? Does it pull straight out the back?  Does it drop a bit and then pull out?  Where do you pull or push or pry on the amp to loosen it for removal?  How much force do I need to apply to get this out?

Thanks!

**UPDATE**  I resolved my problem and updating so others can gain access for tube replacements on the TB 18 Combo.

Removed the six rear panel screws along with the two bolts from the top rear corner brackets.  With sufficient steady force, I lifted up on the edges of the rear panel until the entire assembly began to move.  Continued that upward lift force until the entire assembly became free.  I disconnected the speaker wires from the speaker terminals and removed the amp from the cabinet. ]

Last edited by 64ironhead on Sun May 12, 2019 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Solved my problem.)

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:39 pm