The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Tubemeister 36 COMBO (Back Panel Removal)

RobbieGreen94
    RobbieGreen94

Tubemeister 36 COMBO (Back Panel Removal) Empty Tubemeister 36 COMBO (Back Panel Removal)

Post by RobbieGreen94 Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:59 am

Hi all,

Anyone with experience with the combo version of the TM36? How in gods name do you remove the rear panel from the amp. I have just about every screw out of the whole exterior and it is still stuck fast... Is it glued on?

I want to swap the vintage 30 to get rid of the brittleness in the sound.

Thanks in advance. Smile Smile
    static

Tubemeister 36 COMBO (Back Panel Removal) Empty Re: Tubemeister 36 COMBO (Back Panel Removal)

Post by static Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:11 pm

RobbieGreen94 wrote:Hi all,

Anyone with experience with the combo version of the TM36? How in gods name do you remove the rear panel from the amp. I have just about every screw out of the whole exterior and it is still stuck fast... Is it glued on?

I want to swap the vintage 30 to get rid of the brittleness in the sound.

Thanks in advance. Smile Smile

Ah yes, I was faced with this too. Wanted to replace the china tubes with a set of JJs. You're not doing it wrong... With all the screws removed the back is free, however it is like it's vacuum sealed. I took a very thin blade knife and gently pried the back seams until I could get a finger grip and remove it all the way. It's is super tight.

DanL1553 likes this post

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:12 pm