The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Using FSM-432 Mk III with Boss FS-5L in Input 1 to trigger Delay Issue

Carylilly
    Carylilly

Using FSM-432 Mk III with Boss FS-5L in Input 1 to trigger Delay Issue Empty Using FSM-432 Mk III with Boss FS-5L in Input 1 to trigger Delay Issue

Post by Carylilly Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:52 am

I have a HnK GM 36 with midi controller that uses latching switches to turn delay n chorus on/off in preset mode.   The switches do work but her is my issue.  Preset 1 has delay turned on via click of boss FSU-5L and the FS lights up indicating the delay is on like the hnk remote app delay button lights up.   No problem there.  Problem is when I go to different preset with no delay....the fs is still on.   That gets confusing.   I have to hit the fs to get the light to turn off which then actually enables the hnk remote app delay in the new preset I am currently in but the light turns off which is opposite of the intended purpose of the light on the fs.    Is there a switch that will light up when the hnk remote app delay button lights up and turns off when the delay is turned off?  

The fact you can’t assign the tap delay to function 1 or 2 in Stompbox mode led me on a different path to using the Boss Fs-5L, but there is still an issue with assigning foot-switches to input 1 or 2 and determine if u are turning a function on or off and the light on the switch not corresponding to what is being displayed.    Is there a solution?

I thought a possible work-around to using stomp box mode and using tap tempo could be to assign a switch to input 1 or 2 to function 4 Delay Time but 10 ms increments are the issue.  I have songs that have 1000 ms delay....that would take 100 double-taps.   That can’t be right!  Is that correct?   Then there is the issue of not knowing the delay time in ms during a live performance....so that doesn’t work either in a live performance where tempo changes....

I’m wondering if I made the right choice in purchasing the HnK GM 36, 2 single cabs, the midi controller, and an IPad Air II. It seems even with all of the functionality and spending $3100 for this rig n iPad, I still can’t do what I need to do during a live performance due to limitations That doesn’t seem right to me. Who has time to fiddle with an iPad app during a live show....having to look down to the fs 432, click a button or external fs, then check the remote app to see if you disabled or enabled a function (I.e., delay) and then having to click the fs again if it didn’t enable or disable Ike you wanted it to. You have to continuing going back n forth all night doing this. That is not THE PROFESSIONAL WAY....it doesn’t work.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated....

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am