The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

I found an interesting technical page about the Switchblade amp

damnedinblack
    damnedinblack

I found an interesting technical page about the Switchblade amp Empty I found an interesting technical page about the Switchblade amp

Post by damnedinblack Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 pm

Someone who likes talking about how tube amps might be interested in it.

https://www.ampbooks.com/mobile/amp-technology/hughes-kettner/

"The Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100 Head has two ECC83/12AX7 dual triodes and four EL34 power pentodes. The triodes implement a voltage amplifier, a DC-coupled cathode follower, and a long-tailed-pair phase inverter in classic Bassman 5F6-A style. Hughes & Kettner then expands upon its Fender/Marshall core to create a switched-channel, MIDI-controlled performance powerhouse:

Relays
    The Switchblade uses TQ2-24V relays.

TQ2-24V relay
    They are single side stable, so they turn on when the coil between pin 1 and pin 10 is excited and off when it is unexcited. When the coil is deenergized, pin 8 connects to pin 9 and pin 3 connects to pin 2. When the coil is energized pin 8 connects to pin 7 and pin 3 connects to pin 4."

I don't understand much of this but maybe someone might lol.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

I found an interesting technical page about the Switchblade amp Empty Re: I found an interesting technical page about the Switchblade amp

Post by bordonbert Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 am

Yes, thanks for that, it's interesting and pretty straightforward. It's a shame there isn't more reporting and discussion of this type online. There is a crying need to get guitarists to find out how circuitry REALLY works for themselves and not just accept what they are told by others, most of whom who also don't know. I always recommend that everyone questions anything I post around here, that then means they must question what anyone else posts too. Laughing Asking how or why will never upset me in any way nor should it upset anyone else. If I don't know I will always include that point. Just don't expect me to sugar coat facts to suit modern "common knowledge" or fashion. Engineering facts are engineering facts which are right or wrong and not open to "opinion". If they are correct they can be demonstrated on the test bench with instruments much more sensitive than anyone's ears. Sound preferences are matter of opinion, how that sound is achieved can sometimes be opinion, how it all works is down to hard cold facts.

Rock On Humble Pie

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:31 am