The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Quick question about splitting Red Box output to stereo preamps?

DanJames666
    DanJames666

Quick question about splitting Red Box output to stereo preamps? Empty Quick question about splitting Red Box output to stereo preamps?

Post by DanJames666 Yesterday at 8:36 am

Hi all, been lurking for a while but got a quick question I hope you guys may be able to help me with!
    I have a Tubemeister 18 combo which I love, especially the Red Box output which means I can record loud guitar with alienating the neighbours!
    My Tubemeister is more than 10 years old and the Red Box is the basic kind, no options. I usually just output directly to a preamp and then into Logic (sometimes using a cab sim). Works great.
    However, I would like to try splitting the mono signal output so it can go into two preamps simultaneously. The preamps have different flavours and it would be a real time-saver.
    There are simple options like a Y-cable (mono female, stereo male, all XLR), or more sophisticated ones like splitter boxes, eg Radial JS2 and MS2, which are a lot more cash, obviously.
    Just wonder if anyone has tried any of these options (or others) and a) did it work, and b) if so, which worked best?
    Thanks guys and would be very grateful for any suggestions!
    Dan

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:32 pm