The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Grandmeister 36 User Presets

mm408

Re: Grandmeister 36 User Presets

Post by mm408 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:13 pm

I have my 4 channels pretty much set using Stompbox mode, then I also saved them in the preset mode so I would have them that way as well.
    Then I took a majority of the presets from the factory, tweaked them, and renamed them. Basically using their method of channel, then each effect etc.
    I believe I am up to 20-24 of those now. Still some more to do of course.

Once I have them ready I will share those when they have the site sharing tool setup.

Right now I have only played live 2 times, so I have only been working in Stompbox mode,,, that has been fun, but I can see where I will want to expand and be more flexible.

One thing I can say so far, this thing is so easy to use that I actually have no issue changing settings via the front knobs while playing a song! And the really nice thing H&K did is that each Stompbox channel setting is automatically remembered! So there is no need to even push the Store button,, just tweak,, and you are done... just like a regular amp, except that this one remembers what you did for each channel.... AWESOME.

I do wish the Delay and Trem timing settings were somehow displayed on the amp. I know there are certain songs where I want a specific ms dialed in. But I think for that kind of delay work I will probably bring out my TC Electronic delay and put it in the FX loop anyway. Right now all I have is the midi footboard, a TC Electronic mini tuner and a Joe Meek Compressor pedal. I did back off the compressor level a little since the amp will add plenty of that in the Lead and Ultra channels anyway and a little bit in the Crunch too. I do not want to have to switch it on and off, but it nicely evens out my signal and works well with effects because of that.

seve

Re: Grandmeister 36 User Presets

Post by seve on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:05 am

i'm confused! Mad

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:42 pm