The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review)

Guitarjon
    Guitarjon

New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review) Empty New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review)

Post by Guitarjon Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:20 am

Hi all!

I'm new here. I just got my GMD40 2 weeks ago. I bought it used from someone who hardly used the amp. The only thing that's not stock is the powertubes, since he put in some Tung-sol's.

I'm really happy with this amp as it sounds so damn good. All the channels sound great and all the extra features are a welcome addition.

Since this amp does everything so well I figured I'd make an extensive demo with a bunch of different guitars and in different styles. So the demo starts of clean and ends with heavy 8-string metal. I tried to cover a lot of bases in between as well. Check it out:

Great amp overall!
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review) Empty Re: New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review)

Post by bordonbert Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 am

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. That is probably the best playing review of a H&K amp I have seen. Congrats to you for being switched on enough to show a whole wide range of genres and sounds and not just the "Clean twiddling to show I have soul then ultra gain chugging to show I'm a freak" approach which is what most reviews turn out to be.

And I will admit, your playing creativity is superb. I enjoyed listening to your music as much as I liked the amp demo. 5:45 - 6:20 actually made me laugh out loud it was so sweet. I'm raiding your playing for licks to pinch as we speak. Long may you contribute here.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Guitarjon
    Guitarjon

New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review) Empty Re: New Grandmeister Deluxe 40 user here! (demo/review)

Post by Guitarjon Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks! Much appreciated! The amp did a lot of the work tbh Wink
    proddy
    proddy

Post by proddy Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:57 am

agree with @bordonbert. great playing a fantastic build up from clean to 8-string metal. I love how you showed all the amp settings. Also interesting to hear how much the boost does on all channels.

loved it!
    Guitarjon
    Guitarjon

Post by Guitarjon Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:12 am

proddy wrote:agree with @bordonbert. great playing a fantastic build up from clean to 8-string metal. I love how you showed all the amp settings. Also interesting to hear how much the boost does on all channels.

loved it!

Dankjewel! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:22 pm