The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Midi connectors

PaulChina
    PaulChina

Midi connectors Empty Midi connectors

Post by PaulChina Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 am

Hi all, I'm about to become a new owner of the Grandmeister, Smile Can i ask a question about the midi connectors? Are hey 5 pin? I notice on a picture of the back there is a 5 pin connector and a 7 pin connector. Will two, 5 pin connecting cables still work?
    Thanks a lot!

Last edited by PaulChina on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    normula1

Midi connectors Empty Re: Midi connectors

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 am

Hi PaulChina

As well as handling MIDI duties, the seven pin connector provides power to the optional H&K MIDI foot switch. Normal 5 pin cables work just fine.

Kind regards,

Jeff
    PaulChina
    PaulChina

Post by PaulChina Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:38 am

normula1 wrote:Hi PaulChina

As well as handling MIDI duties, the seven pin connector provides power to the optional H&K MIDI foot switch. Normal 5 pin cables work just fine.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Thanks for the reply!

So, just so I'm clear about this (don't forget I'm old!) the 7 pin port, connects to the in port of irig? and the 5 pin port connects to the out? Thanks in advance Smile
    normula1

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:55 am

with MIDI, the cable from the OUT port from the first device connects to the IN port of the second and the cable from the IN port from the first device connects to the OUT port of the second

normula1

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:58 am

and if you are daisy chaining devices it typically (assuming your device has a dedicated THRU port) goes something like:

(Device 1) OUT -> (Device 2) IN -> (Device 2) THRU -> (Device 3) IN etc.
    and you have to choose which of your upstream devices (if you need any any) go back to the Device 1 IN port.

unless you get a bit more complicated and use MIDI splitters (aka thru boxes) and mergers and the fun really starts Smile
    PaulChina
    PaulChina

Post by PaulChina Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:16 am

OK, I get it. (I think) Smile "Out port" from Grandmeister to "in port" irig. Lovely. Can't wait to get going with it. Smile
    Thaanks for taking the time to reply cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:09 pm