The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

HX Effects and GM40

Willman100
    Willman100

HX Effects and GM40 Empty HX Effects and GM40

Post by Willman100 Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:45 am

I have been trying to figure out how I can use the HX Effects to create and save patches with snapshots. It is easy to create a patch between the GM40 and the HX Effects but there is latency. This is of course what snapshots was designed to fix. Problem is that I can’t get snapshots to integrate properly with the GM40.

I watched a great video on YouTube. Someone figured out how to make snapshots work with the Tubemeister and the full fledged Helix. I tried to use this approach on the HX Effects, but I couldn’t get it to work. I eventually gave up.

What I would like to accomplish is: use a boost from the HX Effects in front of the amp maybe some effects after and of course use the midi implementation to change channels and effects from within patches.

If anyone has had success please let me know.

Thanks
    Willman100
    Willman100

HX Effects and GM40 Empty Re: HX Effects and GM40

Post by Willman100 Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:15 am

Hi, this great person at the line 6 forums solved the issues for me. If anyone has a GrandMeister and the HX Effects, these are the directions to make it work.

https://line6.com/support/topic/52522-hx-effects-hughes-kettner-grandmeister-40/
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:04 pm

cheers   All hail that man!!!  Very Happy Kudos for sorting it Willman, your doggedness paid off. And many thanks for posting it here even when you got no response. It's here in black and white for posterity. study

Rock On Humble Pie
    Willman100
    Willman100

Post by Willman100 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 pm

No problem. Just want to share the information and help out where I can.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am