The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

WMI-1 and iPad remote

batmen19
    batmen19

WMI-1 and iPad remote Empty WMI-1 and iPad remote

Post by batmen19 Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi,

I just got my GrandMeister 40 Deluxe out of hibernation. Haven't used the amp for about 2 years and am now very rusty...

Managed to connect the iPad remote via the WMI-1 BT interface. Created a new library (playlist). Started playing with the controls to find a sound I like, however, after a few minutes the remote seems to disconnect from the amp and whatever I do on the remote has no effect on the sound coming out of the amp.
    Reconnected and ended up with the same problem after a couple of minutes.

What am I doing wrong???

Appreciate any help / comments / ideas
    smurf211
    smurf211

WMI-1 and iPad remote Empty WM and iPad

Post by smurf211 Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:18 am

When my iPad or the amp starts having connection problems I check the software update on the iPad first, if it is current, I shutdown the device, wait a few seconds and restart.  I have also had to shut down the amp a couple of times to reset the logic there as well. Only had to do this a few times. Mainly it is an iPad reload, rarely an amp power cycle. Or course make sure you are on the correct WiFi channel.  I run stand atone mode. No real reason, just stated off that way and haven't needed a change.

I have had the 40 for a couple of years now. I'm running it in a wet dry wet config surrounded by an 11R.  Its more of a wet wet wet thing though.  I just tweak the delays and reverb and whatever other settings. The versatility is amazing and can be time consuming, in a good way. I have mainly drive, compression and distortion pedals in front, but there is so much gain that they are mostly for coloration.

-hth

batmen19 likes this post

batmen19
    batmen19

WMI-1 and iPad remote Empty Re: WMI-1 and iPad remote

Post by batmen19 Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 am

thank you for your comments!

Sponsored content

WMI-1 and iPad remote Empty Re: WMI-1 and iPad remote

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am