The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

TM40 remembers Power Soak setting?

PabloD
    PabloD

TM40 remembers Power Soak setting? Empty TM40 remembers Power Soak setting?

Post by PabloD Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:28 am

Hello,

Looking at buying a TubeMeister 40 Deluxe, but I have one question that owners out there might be able to answer please.

When the amp is turned off (fully) and then back on again, does it remember the power soak setting from the previous use? I see the TM20 has a rotary knob so it will always remember, but the 40 has push buttons that I think can be controlled by MIDI.

Just don’t want to have to go round the back every time I turn it on, since I will use the same setting most of the time.

Thanks in advance.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

TM40 remembers Power Soak setting? Empty Re: TM40 remembers Power Soak setting?

Post by bordonbert Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:41 am

Hi Pablo. I'm getting rusty on some of this stuff as I don't use my own GM36 too often nowadays but, that aside, I'll tell you what I remember and if I'm wrong then someone else more current can correct me.

The Power Soak settings are stored as part of each preset, that much is certain, it's in the manual. The last preset used is the one restored when the amp is started up again so the PS setting should therefore be restored as part of that.

Rock On Humble Pie
    PabloD
    PabloD

Post by PabloD Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:33 am

Ok, thanks. Makes sense that it wouldn’t return to full power every time, or your ears might be at risk...

bordonbert likes this post

smurf211
    smurf211

Post by smurf211 Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:43 am

You can set the power soak globally or per patch. I'm running per patch and have the power level at 20w when on a clean or a crunch channel. The lead or ultra I leave at 5w, in the studio but you get the idea.
    You can raise the associated levels if you leave the studio to go jam, rehearse or gig.

Here's the manual excerpt:

Heads up: Why a Global Power Soak? Many GrandMeister 36 users
    wanted this mode, which is why GrandMeister Deluxe 40 now comes
    with this feature on board. Global Power Soak mode has the following
    advantage when activated via the app or on the amp itself: all Power Soak
    settings stored in the presets are ignored and the amp works globally for
    all sounds and presets with your choice of setting, from 40 watts down
    to 1 watt. This comes in handy, for example, if you want to practice at
    home at a low volume regardless of the levels programmed in the presets
    for your live setup.

GLOBAL SETTINGS
    Tried to insert the pic hoere, no luck. Reference page 9 in the manual.

This diagram is also to be found on your amp’s bottom panel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:25 pm