The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Power soak not working

msaldama
    msaldama

Power soak not working  Empty Power soak not working

Post by msaldama Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pm

I have had this amp for 2 months. I am using the fsm 432 foot switch. Using factory settings. And now every time I switch from channel to channel the power soak will not stay at the setting I have it on (5w for example). It turns off and goes to 40w and blows everyone’s ears. Any suggestions before I throw this in the trash can?
    NoTime
    NoTime

Power soak not working  Empty Re: Power soak not working

Post by NoTime Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:45 pm

Adjust the powersoak in global setting

bordonbert likes this post

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:17 am

This is from Page 9 of the GM40 User Manual.  I assume you have a copy.  Have you read it?

GM40 User Manual wrote:Heads up: Why a Global Power Soak? Many GrandMeister 36 users wanted this mode, which is why GrandMeister Deluxe 40 now comes with this feature on board. Global Power Soak mode has the following advantage when activated via the app or on the amp itself: all Power Soak settings stored in the presets are ignored and the amp works globally for all sounds and presets with your choice of setting, from 40 watts down to 1 watt. This comes in handy, for example, if you want to practice at home at a low volume regardless of the levels programmed in the presets for your live setup.

This diagram is also to be found on your amp’s bottom panel.

"ALL POWER SOAK SETTINGS STORED IN THE PRESETS (BB: and that includes the channel settings) ARE IGNORED AND THE AMP WORKS GLOBALLY FOR ALL SOUNDS AND PRESETS WITH YOUR CHOICE OF SETTING"

All you have to do is to look underneath your amp or RTFM and follow the instructions there to set the Power Soak to Global Mode.  It will then remain the same no matter what channels or voices you select.

Saved from the Trash Can with the other junk amps which don't work?

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:41 am