The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Distortion on certain notes with Spirit floorboard

Jr102938
    Jr102938

Distortion on certain notes with Spirit floorboard Empty Distortion on certain notes with Spirit floorboard

Post by Jr102938 Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:07 pm

I bought the Black Spirit Floorboard. Great tones. Unfortunately there is a weird clipping that occurs on certain notes, usually F# and G above the 12th fret on the high E string. I tried different speakers, and using an external power amp. The problem persists. What's up with this?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Distortion on certain notes with Spirit floorboard Empty Re: Distortion on certain notes with Spirit floorboard

Post by bordonbert Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:20 pm

Hi Jr.  That sounds odd and I haven't come across anything like this before.

Can you describe what you mean a little more clearly or maybe even post a clip of the sound?  It sounds as though you mean that, with the BS set to play clean, those two notes alone are distorted.  Would that be right?

Rock On Humble Pie

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:29 pm