The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

TUBEMEISTER 36 and BOSS ES8 MIDI

saynomore1980
    saynomore1980

TUBEMEISTER 36 and BOSS ES8 MIDI  Empty TUBEMEISTER 36 and BOSS ES8 MIDI

Post by saynomore1980 Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 am

Hello

I recently got a tubemeister 36, loving it. Found out that the manual had an issue regarding restoring to factory preset settings. Wrote to customer service and they solved my issue.

However, I have an es8 to change channels on the tubemeister, so far so good, it works and it changes channels ok. But I have two issues.

1. When I create a new sound, as per the manual instructions, and then save it on the es8, apparently the TM gets it, but when changing to another patch and coming back to the recently created one it goes back to the one it had before. So basically I can change channels and all but the TM is not memorizing or recalling the patches I create, following the manual. Get the settings, press MIDI learn and then save the preset on the MIDI controller, in this case the ES8

2. the manual is not clear on how to turn off OMNI and leave only a MIDI channel for the amp to receive messages, so I have programmed it for channel 3, but I do have other MIDI devices, in channel 1 and 2. I do not know if it is actually working on channel 3 or OMNI and maybe because of that is not recalling the new patches but changes randomly, maybe by receiving the MIDI PC changes of channel 1 and 2 at the same time? Im not too MIDI savvy so I do not know if this might is an issue or if my MIDI devices on ch 1 and 2 wont affect the TM ch3 even if it is on OMNI.

If the manual had an issue with the factory reset settings, maybe can have an issue with how the MIDI learn works as well, so I do not know if this is the case.

If someone has encountered these issues or knows how to work around it I would appreciate it. I do not need to create a million patches but I do need to change a couple of the default ones to ones I need.

Thanks in advance
    Corwin
    Corwin

TUBEMEISTER 36 and BOSS ES8 MIDI  Empty Re: TUBEMEISTER 36 and BOSS ES8 MIDI

Post by Corwin Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:48 pm

saynomore1980! I just got the Tube Meister 36 and also have the Boss ES-8. How do you get the devices to SAVE/Remember Channel Changes Via MIDI? I can't get it to work and I have a gig I need to have it ready for. I know the manual says to select 'LEARN' on the back of the TM- what am I supposed to do on the Boss ES-8? I've tried pressing down the selected patch/loop #3 that I want to store the channel change on but no dice. Do I have to have other cables hooked up for it to work? TRS in the Channel Select on the back of the TM? Please Help!
    onyir
    onyir

Post by onyir Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 am

Corwin wrote:saynomore1980! I just got the Tube Meister 36 and also have the Boss ES-8. How do you get the devices to SAVE/Remember Channel Changes Via MIDI? I can't get it to work and I have a gig I need to have it ready for. I know the manual says to select 'LEARN' on the back of the TM- what am I supposed to do on the Boss ES-8? I've tried pressing down the selected patch/loop #3 that I want to store the channel change on but no dice. Do I have to have other cables hooked up for it to work? TRS in the Channel Select on the back of the TM? Please Help!

You need to connect a midi cable between the ES8 and the tubemeister.
    Then, you need to get your ES8 to send MIDI PC messages in the patch you want to use. You can do this going into the patch menu, midi, choose PC number and channel.
    Then, with the ES8 with a different patch selected, press the learn button in the tubemeister and change to the desired patch in es8.
    I hope that makes sense

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:40 am