The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass?

Hughes623
    Hughes623

Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass? Empty Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass?

Post by Hughes623 Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:09 am

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I recently put a used Grandmeister 36 in layaway at my local guitar center. However when looking over the head, I realized it looks like there’s a dime sized smudge or some kind of foggy spot on the inside of the plexiglass front? The tubes don’t appear to have been changed as the “Made in China” ones were still in there, so I’m unsure if the case has been opened before or not. Any ideas what could have caused this? I’ve looked into opening up the H&K and it appears to be easy so long as I don’t break the warranty seal, is this something I could easily wipe off? I’m sure it’s not a big deal, but I’m particular about buying used gear, and would like for it to look as clean as possible. (Wouldn’t we all?)
    Irocdave12
    Irocdave12

Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass? Empty Re: Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass?

Post by Irocdave12 Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:05 pm

I wouldn’t worry about breaking the warranty seal as being the 2nd or 3rd owner the warranty is all but gone I believe. Most problems seen are related to the cheap tubes it comes with. So I’d just open it up and gently wipe the inside plexiglass with some cleaner using newspaper or a coffee filter as a paper towel might micro scratch the plastic and add a haze to it. Hope you enjoy the amp when you get it
    Hughes623
    Hughes623

Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass? Empty Re: Cleaning Grandmeister 36 plexiglass?

Post by Hughes623 Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Thank you so much! I plan on swapping the tubes after I get a little play time on it, need to do some research first though as this will be my first real tube amp.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am