The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Pretty Quiet Here Lately!

treewiz
    treewiz

Pretty Quiet Here Lately! Empty Pretty Quiet Here Lately!

Post by treewiz Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 am

It has been pretty quiet here lately, how is everyone's Grandmeister 36 working for ya?
    Teddis
    Teddis

Pretty Quiet Here Lately! Empty Re: Pretty Quiet Here Lately!

Post by Teddis Sat May 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Still here Wink

I am amidst moving over my whole live rig to the GM36, from AXEFXII.
    Looking for a great 1X12 at the moment. My 2X12 is massive with this amp ( EVM12ls ) but to heavy.
    Adding the double foot switch the FSM as well for more control.

treewiz
    treewiz

Post by treewiz Sat May 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi Teddis, I am playing my Grandmeister thru a Hughes & Kettner 112 cab with the vintage 30 (stock) and it sounds damn good, I'm thinking about getting another one for a portable stack set up.
    Teddis
    Teddis

Post by Teddis Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Treewiz,
    I have been looking closely a that cab. I will probably grab the Mesa Mini rec. slant cabinet, and shove an EVM12L n it.  Love that speaker, so HIFI  like.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar Sat May 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Hey Guys!

I'm at the cabin this weekend letting my hands rest from playing the GM way to much!

I still have my Axe but it is collecting dust.  It is so nice to be able to play through a real amp again and not spend all day tweaking mystical knobs.  FRFR is not for me.  I tried and tubes won out.

We need to recruit other members over at TGP and let them know we are here.  I sent a few PM's but nobody has joined the dark side yet.

I am thinking of going back to using the FSM since I think my One Control is acting strange.

treewiz

Post by treewiz Sun May 04, 2014 8:53 am

I'm in the same boat, as much as I love my Axe-Fx II Ihave been playing my Grandmeister alot more due to the less tweaking syndrom. I have a paisely THD 212 cab I am trying out with the amp and I took off the upper top panel because of too much bass woofing and that seems to be ok although I'm not thrilled with the one THD vintage speaker in it, the THD longhorn seems to sound ok but I am contiplating putting a couple of celestion creambacks. Have fun at the cabin, I'm painting the horse barn and getting our camper ready.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:38 am