The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Irig 2 for controlling gm40 delux

CraigL
    CraigL

Irig 2 for controlling gm40 delux Empty Irig 2 for controlling gm40 delux

Post by CraigL Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Hi everyone,
    New here first time post, trying to use the irig 2 as a link between my iPad and Grandmeister 40w.
    There's exceedingly little about how to hook this up at all. It should be possible?? Any advice or instructions appreciated.

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Irig 2 for controlling gm40 delux Empty Re: Irig 2 for controlling gm40 delux

Post by bordonbert Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:46 am

It should be fine Craig, there are other threads where people use the Irig2 to control GM36s and the MIDI of the GM40 is exactly the same.  One thing, I'm not an "I" devotee so I can't definitively advise directly on that side of things but...

The basic idea should be:  Ipad -> Apple Convertor '?' -> Irig2;  Irig2 MIDI Out -> GM40D MIDI In;  Irig MIDI In -> GM40D MIDI Out.  Set Device and Channels in the settings to match the amp and app.  

I suspect from the info I found you will need an "Apple camera kit" or a "Lightning" connector or some such piece of Apple nonsense!  It would be just like Apple to make you buy an extra piece of gear to do something normal, and the price of their convertors and cables...   affraid

You will find a couple of videos which may help on this page:  H&K Blog MIDI Setup  The second one is the one you want where they show you the connection using, surprise surprise, an iRig.  They also use an additional Apple connector!  They are working with the GM36 but it is exactly the same on your GM40D.  You don't need the FSM432, just connect as I described above and you should be fine.

Have a look at that and see what you think then get back to us here with your progress.

Rock On Humble Pie

CraigL likes this post

CraigL
    CraigL

Post by CraigL Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:03 am

Thanks,
    I wound up purchasing the h and k wireless as well so we'll see when that gets here. The I rig was pretty cheap so no harm done. It was becoming apparent that I'd need to get more than just the irig to operate it. Now I'm just needing to make sure the h and k works with my iPad.

Will know in a few days. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am