The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch

Rullian

Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch Empty Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch

Post by Rullian Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:19 am

I'm using a footswitch to toggle chorus on and off but it doesn't work when I switch patches. I've gone through and saved patches with the chorus on and off and still no luck. It does work if I stay on one patch. What am I missing?
    Rullian

Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch Empty Re: Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch

Post by Rullian Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:20 am

To clarify, when I switch patches, the chorus does not come on anymore even  if the patch originally had chorus.

Last edited by Rullian on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    mm408
    mm408

Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch Empty Re: Toggle chorus on/off with footswitch

Post by mm408 Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:36 pm

Will have to try that the way you mentioned, but I have not noticed that happening so far with mine. Will try to do it tonight
    Egads
    Egads

Post by Egads Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Not sure if this helps, but I use a foot switch to control the boost. No matter what state the foot switch is in, when I switch patches, the amp assumes the boost value that was stored, not what the foot switch is showing. For example, I'm on a clean patch and click on the boost. When I switch to a crunchy patch that doesn't have the boost value stored as "on" (the boost foot switch is still in the in the "on" position), the boost is not on--it doesn't match the foot switch value. I have to toggle the boost foot switch to the "off" position, then I can switch it again and the boost will come on.

I think that is the most I've ever used the word "switch" in a para!

Rullian

Post by Rullian Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey egads! Long time no talk. I know exactly what you describe. But, in my case, I can't turn the chorus back on after switching patches. With the boost, I know I'll have to press the switch to get the boost again. With chorus, it just doesn't come back on
    Egads
    Egads

Post by Egads Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Well that really sucks! I was actually considering order a two button switch from Cusack to do that very thing. I'm out for a little while, but when I have a chance, I'll try it with mine and see what happens. That amp lives at one of my bands' rehearsal space, so it's not always easy to experiment.
    mm408
    mm408

Post by mm408 Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 am

I definitely keep my Chorus when switching patches. if this always happens you should go ahead and contact support

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:21 am