The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

5 posters

Delay Tail

yoMuzicMan
    yoMuzicMan

Delay Tail Empty Delay Tail

Post by yoMuzicMan Tue May 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Using the MIDI foot controller, does anyone know if the delay from a preset will carry on after the preset is changed to another? Or does it cut out abruptly when you change to another preset?

Thanks.
    Teddis
    Teddis

Delay Tail Empty Re: Delay Tail

Post by Teddis Tue May 20, 2014 7:06 pm

I have not noticed any delay trails with my GM36.
    yoMuzicMan
    yoMuzicMan

Post by yoMuzicMan Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Bummer. I was hoping that if I was playing a preset with delay that had a high feedback setting (long delay tail), and then changed to another preset, that the delay from the previous preset would continue until it finished naturally.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar Wed May 21, 2014 11:21 pm

I just tested the delay tail from a preset that has delay to another preset that does not and the tail is cut off.  Sorry for letting you know the bad-news Ral.

Off-topic:
    Someday down the road "I bet" that H & K is going to release a revised Coreblade that has the extra features that the GM36 has, plus studio quality effects (a must), a USB port for saving presets to, an updated pedal board that has two expression pedals built into it that works like it is supposed to (think Volume and Wah pedals that can also control all system settings like it does now.  Add a Wah pedal that is switched!), and the ability to save one preset at a time so we can easily share presets.  Of course, with all applicable effects having tails from one preset to the next is a must.   Cool 

Are you reading this H & K?  I sent you an email telling you that this forum exists...  

H & K:  Have one of your client support staff join the forum and have them be your liaison between the public and your great products! This works nicely for other companies and helps get the "good word" out.

the_real_crab

Post by the_real_crab Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:07 am

In this video, the guy says the delay trail carries over???

watch at the 6:30 mark. I can't post links yet so you'll have to put the double-u double-u dot in there.  youtube.com/watch?v=Cxqnbf7zfJY
    gravydb
    gravydb

Post by gravydb Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:36 pm

I remember when I was considering the GM36 I contacted H&K and specifically asked about the effect tails and whether or not they spill-over when presets are changed (like a proper fx unit should behave), and their answer was no, they do not spill-over. I was disappointed but I bought the GM anyway. In my little tests, the fx tails do spill over if you simply change channels (as shown in that youtube video). But if you change presets, the delay repeats will continue BUT they will assume the timing of the new preset. It's sort of like a pseudo-spill-over, which isn't as nice as actual spillover (I've been spoiled by some nice TC Electronic gear) but it's good enough for me. Now, it's been a little while since I messed around with that, so maybe someone else can report with their findings.
    the_real_crab
    the_real_crab

Post by the_real_crab Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Cool, thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

I'll be picking one of these amps up here in the next little while...I'm relearning to play again. I stopped playing about 20-years ago and now that my kids are grown....look out rock world! lol, but seriously, I'm pumped about getting back to jamming again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am