The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Best full range, flat response passive guitar cabinet for Black Spirit 200 head's Red Box AE cab modeling

Bobe89
    Bobe89

Best full range, flat response passive guitar cabinet for Black Spirit 200 head's Red Box AE cab modeling Empty Best full range, flat response passive guitar cabinet for Black Spirit 200 head's Red Box AE cab modeling

Post by Bobe89 Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi all,

For my Black spirit 200 I've been using a bugera 4x12 guitar cabinet but since we started playing with in ear monitoring a whole world of cabinet sounds from the Black Spirit's red box AE was revealed to me I was never really aware of. When I plug my guitar cab, I set the switch on the back of the black spirit to "guitar cab" but this essentially disengages the cab modeling feature to the cab output on the amp. In essence, if you wat the complete experience from the speaker cab, you'd need to plug in a full range cab and set the little switch on the back to full range so the red box' magic comes to fruition.

Does anyone already run a setup with a full range passive speaker cabinet? What's your experience? Which full range cab do you use?

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:03 am