The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Effect loop

aleaxis
    aleaxis

Effect loop Empty Effect loop

Post by aleaxis Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:58 pm

Hi there!

A few months ago I got a GM Deluxe 40 with all the gadgets at a very good price, and although I know it's not the best amp for what I play, I still bought it. I play mostly blues and really only care about the clean and crunch channels. I was reading about the importance of taking care of the input impedances and input voltages so as not to activate the diode distortion stage at the beginning of the chain, it has been very useful for me. That's why I started to investigate what kind of effects loop our amplifier has, (in series or in parallel, active or passive, etc.) but I haven't found anything about it. Could someone give me a hand with this? Thank you very much in advance! sorry for my english, by the way.

Cheers,

Aleaxis
    madmarcus1960
    madmarcus1960

Effect loop Empty Re: Effect loop

Post by madmarcus1960 Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:33 am

If I was to guess base on my experiences, it is just a passive serial FX loop. I have a Boss MD-220 and a Source Audio Collider(delay/reverb) in mine with no special level tweaking.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 am