The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Tubemeister tsc problem

martinszorad
    martinszorad

Tubemeister tsc problem Empty Tubemeister tsc problem

Post by martinszorad Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:59 am

Hello i want to ask if that is normal when there are two middle leds still on when its not in standby. Im playing direct to sound card
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Tubemeister tsc problem Empty Re: Tubemeister tsc problem

Post by bordonbert Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:39 am

Sorry to take a while to reply.  I have to assume this is a TM36 as you did not tell us?  If so, yes it is perfectly normal.  The 2 LEDs show you that the middle 2 output valves are not in circuit and the amp is in 1W, 5W or 18W mode.  If you change the Power Soak to the full 36W you will see those LEDs go out.  (Or you should do.)

Rock On Humble Pie
    Leonardo Dalasuanna
    Leonardo Dalasuanna

Tubemeister tsc problem Empty TSC piscando e cortando o som .

Post by Leonardo Dalasuanna Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:48 pm

T.m 36 o meu amolificador começou a cortar o som completamente após alguns segundos ligados! O TSC está pisando o Lead 2 e 4 porém já troquei as válvulas e continua a piscaram , e cortando o som após alguns segundos! Onque pode ser?

[Edit Bordonbert - Google Translation: Tm36 My amplifier started to cut the sound completely after a few seconds on! The TSC is stepping on Lead 2 and 4 but I've already changed the valves and they continue to flash, cutting off the sound after a few seconds! Where could it be?]

Last edited by bordonbert on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not everyone speaks Spanish!)
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:09 pm

Hi Leonardo. I hope you can understand what I will say. My apologies but I don't speak Spanish.

I'm not sure of the meaning of some of what you wrote. You said "The TSC is stepping on Lead 2 and 4". Do you mean it is flashing while you are using the TM36? If that is true it could be that the amplifier has a fault in the bias circuitry. One other possibility is that the TSC is just out of balance and is recalibrating itself. There is a reset procedure for it. Thanks to Watersnake for reminding us of this.

If I remember right it goes like that:
    - power switch off, standby switch to position standby
    - plug in power cord
    - standby switch to position play
    - power switch on

That should force the TSC circuit to reset itself. It may then take a few sessions using the amp for it to recalibrate from scratch so don't worry if the amp works but the TSC lights stay on.

Can you explain what you meant by "The TSC is stepping on Lead 2 and 4"?

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:21 am