The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

No sound from speaker jack black spirit 200 head

jordanmacneill1
    jordanmacneill1

No sound from speaker jack black spirit 200 head Empty No sound from speaker jack black spirit 200 head

Post by jordanmacneill1 Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:50 pm

Hello All

I left my amp head on one night and I think AES was on. I tried to play it the next day after I turned it back on and then there was no sound. I have 2 HK 212 cabinets that I run in parallel but only getting static out of them. Yet I run the headphones port into my sound board or my xlr into the speakers they work but not with much volume. Can anybody tell me if this thing scrams and goes into a mode I cant identify here?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

No sound from speaker jack black spirit 200 head Empty Re: No sound from speaker jack black spirit 200 head

Post by bordonbert Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:43 am

Sorry to take a while to reply Jordan but this query rang bells in the back of my mind.  I remembered something like this had come up once or twice before and a solution had been found.  Thanks to my poor use of the site's search functions it took a while to come up with it.

Have a look here:  Thread on BS200 turn on problem.  You will see there is an issue which H&K identified then fed out a bulletin to their service agents with a fix.  This may help to get the amp fixed.  Assuming this is the solution to your problem it should be an easy and cheap fix.  A tech is the best way to go but with that service bulletin any local guy who can work on surface mount PCBs should be able to put this in place.

Have a look at that thread and see if it fits your own problem.

Rock On Humble Pie

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:21 pm