The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+27
jodumaje
drewzee87t
ronyx
Syn666
spikey
stargazer747
Adico
steve15366
NZ_Nick
xears
VoodooJeff
Fatjac
bordonbert
mmiddei
gravydb
djhollowman
namklak
jageya
granny36
streuth
trailride68
meph8
birkenhall
normula1
fredo
Egads
spk77
31 posters

PC and Mac editor available here !

steve15366

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 7 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by steve15366 Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:39 am

Me too,nice one Fredo. Very Happy
    steve15366

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 7 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by steve15366 Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 pm

I have a problem with the windows version. I'm running win7.
    Set everything to midi channel 1 and connected cables up correctly.
    Works on first patch but when I select another I get noise from the GM36?
    I'm using a Presonus firestudio firewire interface. Not a cheap interface.
    Any ideas?
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Mmmh... never heard of that problem.
    What kind of noise is it ?
    Maybe the patch you are switching to has high gain and Noise Suppressor is of ?
    Did you try to switch to that same patch with the foot controller instead of the application to compare ?
    steve15366

Post by steve15366 Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:53 pm

The noise was like interference. Since my last post I have had some success but when the software loaded I had to click on the buttons for the words to show? Very Happy
    NZ_Nick

Post by NZ_Nick Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 pm

I never came back to thank you Fredo. SO thanks. This PC tool is awesome, I use it every day.
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Post by VoodooJeff Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:50 pm

Fredo, thanks so much (again) for working this up. I~m running two GM36`s in stereo now and for obvious reasons I needed them both to have identical settings. All I had to do was backup the library from my first one, connect the second and load the library onto it....DONE.

My only "complaint" is that for whatever reason I can`t rename the presets to more accurately represent what they are, but it`s only a concern (a) when using the app and (b) when I`m going by name vs preset number.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:09 pm

I'll add my thanks to that too. It's a fantastic bit of work Fredo and it helped me to understand a lot of what was going on under the hood of the GM36 midi system. I share that problem with Jeff, I thought it was a glitch in my system that wouldn't let me edit the names but apparently not. I'm a Luddite on WinXP still, (M$ won't get their claws into me - yet! Wink ) Like Jeff says, it's not a huge problem in day to day use other than when referencing the voices.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Adico
    Adico

Post by Adico Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Fredo, first thank you very much for this awsome piece of software!

I have an annoying problem: I can’t get Library Mode to work. Every time I switch from Amp to Library Mode I get the same error message:

Callback error: presetModeChanged
    At line [388]: [string “onMidiMessage”]
    What: Lua
    Namewhat: global
    Name: loadPreset
    Error message: [string “onMidiMessage”]:388: attempt to index local ‘preset’ (a nil value)

Everything else works fantastic!

I installed the ‘Mac Application’ Version 2.2.1 on a new iMac running OS X 10.11.3.
    The midi interface I use is a iRig2 from IK Multimedia.

Thank you for your help, sincerely
    Mario
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:53 am

Purely for your records Fredo, should you get time and want to work on the project again, here is another error I see at startup.

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 7 Contro10

It happens the first time I try to change the value of the rotary controls after startup. The error pops up then when I ok it that control is fine.  Once it has been seen two or three times it seems to clear.

I'm still on WinXP fully updated.

Rock On Humble Pie
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:45 am

Hi everyone !

Sorry I did not came here for quite some time !…
    Don’t hesitate to use the “send feedback” link in the info page of the app to drop me an email directly if you don’t get an answer here.
    I’m gonna get the development of the app back alive to make it compatible with the new GrandMeister 40 so I will take some time to fix the bugs some of you encounter (callback error messages).

Somebody asked about WMI 1 support in the app. I’m sorry but the WMI 1 is only compatible with iPad. I cannot provide support for it in my app since the WMI 1 does not come with standard MIDI drivers :-/

Best regards,

Fredo.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:10 am

Hi Fredo.  Good to see you back on the case.

We have had people mention the iPad format of '.GM36format'.  From what I've seen recently I now know this is an Apple binary stored version of XML.  I can open files from the iPad app to view with pList Editor Pro and the header shows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">

The format seems to have started as text based human readable but changed to a binary form readable only by the machine.  Apple seem to once again be determined to set things up so they are in control and we are left in the dark doing what they want. Wink  If this is correct is there a software library you have used and can recommend which would simplify parsing these pList files?

(EDIT:  Sorry, should have specified for Windows here.  Apple has its own open source software library but that doesn't apply of course.)

Rock On Humble Pie
    stargazer747
    stargazer747

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 7 Empty win pc error

Post by stargazer747 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:42 pm

I thin I get that call back error everytime I go to upload a completed file into the amp. The uploads completes successfully and its fully on the amp once done, none of the settings are wrong or missing but this error dialog box does appear cannot recall if its at the start or end of the progress bar.
    namklak
    namklak

Post by namklak Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:20 pm

fredo wrote:Hi everyone !

I’m gonna get the development of the app back alive to make it compatible with the new GrandMeister 40 so I will take some time to fix the bugs some of you encounter (callback error messages).
    Best regards,

Fredo.

I can see myself "upgrading" to the GM40 sometime after its US release, just on the premise that gigging with a new amp is more reliable than a two year old amp. So I'm glad you're back to do the GM40 version. My theological beliefs prohibit me from using iDevices.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:47 pm

I can understand the repulsion from iDevices ;-)

@bordonbert , yes .gm36memory files used by the iPad app actually are Apple bplist files (binary version of property lists).
    I've just finalized the development of the .gm63memory file reading, so you'll be able to open ipad files in the next version of the app.
    I'm trying to do the other way around (export to iPad format) but it's a bit more complicated...
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Did you program that .gm36memory support from scratch Fredo or did you use a third party library which offered the functionality through an API?

Rock On Humble Pie
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:52 am

Well I built it from scratch by porting C++ and Java code gathered on the internet ;-)
    By the way, the ipad export is progressing quite well !...
    spikey
    spikey

Post by spikey Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:35 am

Hi- Would LOVE to get that GM40 Deluxe editor for my Mac & iPad.  Thanks in advance fredo! cheers
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Spikey, you know that an iPaq app is already available in the Appstore right ?
    spikey
    spikey

Post by spikey Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi fredo, if you mean the GM40 Remote, then yes I did find and install that one on my iPad. But, Id still like to have an editor for my iMac as well (for the Grandmeister Deluxe 40). Very Happy I just wish I could do what you do in making them.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:15 am

Guys,
    I've just uploaded the 2.3 Windows version of the app with bufixes, iPad import and export (.gm36memory files) and Global Power Soak settings : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    I've run full tests on my PC, but I would like to have some feedback from you before I generate the Mac version.
    Thank you for your help !
    Fredo.
    spikey
    spikey

Post by spikey Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:51 am

Woot! Thanks fredo!!! Cant wait to see the iMac version! Can you give me the link for downloading please?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:53 am

Is this a new version for the GMD40 Fredo?  If so is there any chance of a bugfixed GM36 version too or is that a whole lot more work rather than a couple of simple fixes?  (And I will understand absolutely if you say no. Wink )

EDIT: Durrrhhh! Visiting the link makes it clear! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks Fredo, great work. I'll get the Windows version downloaded and play with it.

Rock On Humble Pie
    spikey
    spikey

Post by spikey Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:22 pm

I actually need one for the Grandmeister Deluxe 40. I hope fredo has one of those for the Mac soon, and thanks in advance!
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:47 am

Hi everyone !
    Anyone had a chance to test the latest windows version of the app ?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !
    Thank you guys !
    Fredo.
    spikey
    spikey

Post by spikey Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:46 am

Fredo, I will be glad to report to you on the Mac version editor for the GM Deluxe 40 as soon as its out, and my Head arrives. Just lemme know when its ready!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:10 pm