The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+27
jodumaje
drewzee87t
ronyx
Syn666
spikey
stargazer747
Adico
steve15366
NZ_Nick
xears
VoodooJeff
Fatjac
bordonbert
mmiddei
gravydb
djhollowman
namklak
jageya
granny36
streuth
trailride68
meph8
birkenhall
normula1
fredo
Egads
spk77
31 posters

PC and Mac editor available here !

fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 9 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by fredo Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:15 pm

The new version of the app with full support for GM40 is available for download here (Windows only for now) : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Please give me your feedback on how it works for you.

Fredo.
    fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 9 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by fredo Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:54 am

And here comes the Mac version with library Editor and full GrandMeister Deluxe 40 support ! : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Please send me your feedback.

Fredo.
    abulix
    abulix

Post by abulix Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 am

Hi Fredo,
    thank you ever so much for your longstanding perseverance in developing this very useful piece of software.
    I have not yet extensively testes all details of it, but so far everything just worked fine at the first go.
    What I appreciate most, is the interoperability between my iPad und WIN 7 PC in loading and backing up both file formats. Another thing I absolutely love is your unparalleled library editor that makes grouping and rearranging of my sounds so simple and transparent. Great work Fredo !

For my part, as a humble sign of gratitude, I am sure you will not mind me sending you EUR 20.- and I hope, many more grateful users will join me in this.
    Do you have a Paypal account or anything like that ?

Greetings
    Adrian
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:55 am

Hi Adrian !
    Thank you for the feedback, it's always nice to know that my work is useful to someone ;-)
    Thank you very much for the donation proposal too, it's very nice of you !
    Here is a link to my paypal account : https://www.paypal.me/fredericborry
    Cheers,
    Fredo.
    Paula74

Post by Paula74 Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 am

Hi Fredo,
    is there a chance to get this App ( Win) for the new BlackSpirit200?
    I like this Amp but there is only an App for IPad and i'm no Apple Friend.

Greetings
    Tom
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Just a word to tell you that I released a new version of the editor that now also supports Black Spirit 200 amplifiers : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-remote/
    I will no longer maintain the old app, so I encourage everyone to move to the new one !

Fredo.

P.S. @Tom, sorry I did not get the notification for your post so did not get a chance to answer :-/ So yes there now is a Mac and Windows App that supports the 3 amps (including Black Spirit 200 head and combo) !
    Jurld
    Jurld

Post by Jurld Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:50 am

Hi, Fredo,

Using your app to control the GM40 remains problematic, even with suggested workarounds. If you're not going to support it any more is there any chance you can upload the CTRL panels to Github or some other platform so that other people in the community can work with them?

Thanks,
    Jurld
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:00 am

Hi Jurld. I can't speak for Fredo in answering your question to him re support of the older app of course, I'm sure he will come in on this himself, but I would ask one thing. No matter how he responds, can you post a few details of what problems you are experiencing. That way others can benefit if they experience them too. It does help to know that an issue you have is not just caused by something within your own system, it is one which is shared by other people as well and therefore perhaps lies within the app itself. Saying "Using your app to control the GM40 remains problematic, even with suggested workarounds." doesn't really give any of us any idea of what those problems are. Just a short pointer to what you are having trouble with would be good for reference. (I may well have missed some discussion on this in an earlier post or a different thread of course. In that case I apologise in advance.)

Rock On Humble Pie

Jurld likes this post

fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:22 am

Jurld wrote:is there any chance you can upload the CTRL panels to Github or some other platform so that other people in the community can work with them?

Hi there !

The source code of the app is already available on Github : https://github.com/fredzo/Hughes-KettnerRemote
    You'll probably also need to build Ctrlr from the source to have the latest changes : https://github.com/RomanKubiak/ctrlr
    Feel free to send a pull-request if you make some bug fixes !

Best regards,

Fredo.

Jurld likes this post

Jurld
    Jurld

Post by Jurld Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:05 am

Oh excellent. I'll see what I can figure out. I was looking at CRTL this morning. Would be cool to make a VST out of your app and host it in a DAW.

Best regards,
    Jurld

Jurld
    Jurld

Post by Jurld Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:19 am

As to the problems I'm experiencing, it's mostly that I can't reliably get it to talk to the amp at all.  The app seems to want it to be a Black Spirit but eventually fiddling around I got it to believe it was a GM40 for a while. Then I did something and it didn't anymore. I'll stipulate to the fact that I did not spend a great deal of time (maybe an hour) trying to figure it out. But even when it was connected it seemed a little unpredictable. The only clear example I can remember is at one point the DI settings completely disappeared and I never could figure out how to get them back. Again I'll stipulate that this could just be ignorance on my part.

The odds that I will have any serious amount of time to commit to this is pretty low in the near term.  I write code all day at work and I'd rather be playing my guitar when I'm done with that for the day instead of looking at more code. But I will make time next week to at least look at it and see if it's anything I can see a easy fix...
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:27 am

Thanks Jurld.  There is another thread here where something like this may have come up.  GM40D problem with app.  Fificap (post 5 on) reports some areas of unreliability when he uses it with his GM40D and I wondered if there may be some common ground.

Rock On Humble Pie

Jurld likes this post

Jurld
    Jurld

Post by Jurld Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:30 am

I'll take a look at that thread.

Glancing at the source I realize I've probably forgotten everything I ever knew about LUA.  Still this seems like a worthwhile pursuit if the issues can be resolved.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:36 am

You could also try that Jurld : https://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-remote/#comment-3205
    "There’s a known issue : the app will not restore properly in GrandMeister mode putting the application in an unstable state. Did you try the workaround ? : Start the application without connecting it to the amp, go to settings page to switch to BS200 mode and click OK, and then connect the amp (which will cause the app to properly switch to the appropriate mode).
    You can also try and delete the application directory located in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Hughes & Kettner Remote – v1.0
    Please let me know if any of these solves your problem."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:50 am