The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+27
jodumaje
drewzee87t
ronyx
Syn666
spikey
stargazer747
Adico
steve15366
NZ_Nick
xears
VoodooJeff
Fatjac
bordonbert
mmiddei
gravydb
djhollowman
namklak
jageya
granny36
streuth
trailride68
meph8
birkenhall
normula1
fredo
Egads
spk77
31 posters

PC and Mac editor available here !

fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 4 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by fredo Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Same problem as streuth had.
    I think this happens when upgrading to a new version of the editor over an existing version : Ctrlr keeps the old resource files instead of loading the new ones.

Anyway, the problem is easy to solve : just go to <home directory>/AppData/Roaming folder and delete the "H&K - GrandMeister 36" directory that's in there.
    Launch the editor again and everything should be fine.
    normula1

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 4 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by normula1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi Fredo,
    just did a fresh install on a different pc and noticed that the Treble control has an extra "E".
    Cheers Jeff
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Wow that's an old one !
    Thx for the head's up ;-)
    trailride68

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 4 Empty Backup Button Greyed Out

Post by trailride68 Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:21 am

Hi and thanks for creating this awesome editor.

Looks & feels great so far... except the backup button is greyed out on mine. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    trailride68

Post by trailride68 Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:25 am

Sorry, I restarted the program and its active.

Thanks again... awesome to have this on mac
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 am

Fredo, I saw a picture of you app at Namm (I wasn't at namm, think it was on h&k's facebook page), very cool!!!
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Yeah ! Saw that too, it's on their facebook page :-) : https://www.facebook.com/hughesandkettner/photos/ms.c.eJw1jsERwDAIwzbq4WAw7L9Y09A8dTpkqq1NEVwZ4fbUMIa5GTCmuBiFup6KrsrjrZdJUUbg96zjZb8H971MuOzWcHnffijUCL~_9nN4anv2c~;eM5ntf3x~_Dpda39EPdA1wv1cC2f.bps.a.890907420932210.1073741831.109175002438793/890907547598864/?type=1&theater

It's very kind of H&K to support open source development initiatives like that !
    I've been working on editors for other music manufacturers in the past (Boss/Roland, not to name them ;-) and it was a whole different kind of story !...
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 pm

You're on the front page of their website too Smile - get prepared for lots of support/enhancement requests.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:05 pm

OMG, this is going too far ! ;-)
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:28 pm

fredo wrote:OMG, this is going too far ! ;-)

LOL
    granny36

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 4 Empty THX

Post by granny36 Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi @ all,

I`m new here and new with my gm36.
    using a Vox Tonelab SE it was very comfortabe and easy to edit, save and recall everything, but however at the end the Sound Counts (sorry for my bad english and greets from cologne jocolor /Germany).
    So I asked H&K by mail if there is any possibility editing/saving to windows. They gave me the link to you Thanks for that again.
    I'm totally pleased, that you have programmed such a good editing tool with a very nice UI with rotating knobs etc.

now my questions (I'm not fit in MIDI):

I connected the FSM 432 MKIII and a MIDI Interface to my Windows netbook and started the edtor. I set In-and output device and the System was synced.

1. What is <Controller> for in the MIDI Menu? The FSM 432 MKIII is not shown allthoug it s connected.

2. Sometimes the "send to amplifier" aborted and didn't start again. I had to Switch all off and on.

3. Is it possible to use the Vox Tonelab SE either as a MIDI Cotroller and FX-Effect?

4. What is the difference between "restore amp" and "load library"?

5. Does it work also with the amp standalone or is a MIDI-board a must?

6. Why is the connected synced light on although if nothing is connected?

Many questions.... study thank you!
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:56 pm

OK I'll try to give you some answers ;-) :
    > 1. What is <Controller> for in the MIDI Menu? The FSM 432 MKIII is not shown allthoug it s connected.
    That is a part of the Ctrlr platform that the editor is based on, but it's not used in our case, just ignore it.

> 2. Sometimes the "send to amplifier" aborted and didn't start again. I had to Switch all off and on.
    That's a known bug linked to a problem with the progress bar component, I should come up with a fix in the next release

> 3. Is it possible to use the Vox Tonelab SE either as a MIDI Cotroller and FX-Effect?
    This one has nothing to do with the editor right ?
    I believe the Tonelab SE can act as a MIDI controller (you have to refer to the manual for that), so it could replace your FSM.
    You can use the Tonelab effects as well either in the FX loop or between the guitar and the amp, or both with the so called 4 cable method (even though the Tonelab SE doesn't seem very well suited for that : http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/4-cable-method-alternatives-t5163.html )

> 4. What is the difference between "restore amp" and "load library"?
    You have to understand that the editor can work in two different modes :
    - Library mode : you use/edit the presets loaded into the app (from the library section), without overwriting the amp's preset (they're only sent temporarily to the amp to allow you to ear/test them)
    - Amp mode : you use/edit the presets stored in the amp
    So the load button in library section is used to load a library file to be used in library mode, the save button is used to save the current library and the send ton amp button is used to send the current library to the amp.
    The restore button in the amp section is used to send directly a previously saved library file to the amp.
    The backup button in the amp section is used to create a library file from the current content of the amp

> 5. Does it work also with the amp standalone or is a MIDI-board a must?
    You can use the editor directly connected to the amp without using any midi footswitch, just plug MIDI IN and OUT of the PC MIDI interface to the MIDI OUT and IN of the amp.

> 6. Why is the connected synced light on although if nothing is connected?
    I did not implement a disconnect detection feature, so it's "normal" ;-)
    Maybe I will in a future release...
    granny36

Post by granny36 Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:04 pm

Last edited by granny36 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    granny36

Post by granny36 Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi fredo,
    thank you very much for the detailed and quick answer!
    I will try with my tonelab and will report my experiences (if I will get some:-S)
    And I understood the system now!
    granny36

Post by granny36 Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:53 am

I had a look to the valvetronix link and found out that it was a misunderstanding.

I'm using a tonelab SE not LE.
    The tonelab SE is able to control MIDI. And the question was if it is possible in parallel using it in the fx-loop and of course how to use it in general as a controler for the gm36.
    I have found that somebody use it with axe-fx, but that sounded complicated.
    So if anyone knows something, please let me know!
    Thanks!
    granny36

Post by granny36 Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:02 am

Yesterday I've tried to connect the gm36 with the tonelab SE. It works. Nothing to do, it just works. Volume pedal regulates the channel volume, channel and bank switches do their job. I've just have to look to set up other switches to e.g. Tap tempo.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:26 am

OK, good for you !
    namklak
    namklak

Post by namklak Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:46 pm

normula1 wrote:Hi Fredo,

that works extremely well ... is fine via a cheap and nasty USB one. ...

Cheers,

Jeff

Midi nube here - recommendations of a USB to MIDI cable please?  Is cheap okay?  I'm not going to gig with it - it'll just stay at home...  I'd need it to work with Win7 and optionally my wife's Samsung Android tablet..

Thanx!
    -Bob
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 am

I use both a cheap USB/MIDI cable from amazon (something like that : http://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Cable-Converter-Keyboard-Adapter/dp/B00ACGMOA6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423212820&sr=8-1&keywords=midi+usb ) and an M-Audio MIDISPORT (http://www.amazon.com/MIDIMAN-MIDISPORT-Multiplatform-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00006I5HD/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423212946&sr=8-3&keywords=midisport).

The cheap one works perfectly well for real-time editing and single preset upload.
    If you plan to do a lot of bulk backup/restore, you may have errors with it, as large SysEx buffers can get corrupted.
    I've experienced cases where the upload progress bar gets stuck because of a corrupted buffer.

The M-Audio handles large SysEx buffers much better, but be aware that you will need to buy 2 extra MIDI male/male cables as it comes with MIDI female connectors.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi guys,
    I just uploaded a new version of the editor : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    This version adds compare mode and settings window.
    Can you please test it and give me some feedback ?
    Many thanks !
    Fredo.

meph8

Post by meph8 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:16 am

Works ok.

Good one Fredo.

normula1

Post by normula1 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi Fredo,

generally works well and is a very good update.

One thing I've noticed is that if the original has any FX enabled and I disable them in modified and then flick back to original, the FX correctly re-enable. But when I then flick back to modified they stay enabled.

If I change the fx to say flanger in modified with chorus on original this works correctly.

Cheers,

Jeff
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for the feedback and testing !
    You made me realize that I had a wrong understanding of how the reverb/delay/modulation status worked.
    They are not a part of the preset memory. They can only be modified "live" but their status is restored to "on" each time you change preset.
    I fixed the editor to fit this behavior, but you have to be aware that this button's state is volatile and that the effects will be reactivated each time you hit the compare button.

Cheers,

Fredo.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:31 pm

The compare feature is soooooo useful, love it.
    jageya

Post by jageya Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:05 pm

new to this...is their only 1 windows program to control this amp? And is it from FREDO?...thanx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:15 pm