The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+27
jodumaje
drewzee87t
ronyx
Syn666
spikey
stargazer747
Adico
steve15366
NZ_Nick
xears
VoodooJeff
Fatjac
bordonbert
mmiddei
gravydb
djhollowman
namklak
jageya
granny36
streuth
trailride68
meph8
birkenhall
normula1
fredo
Egads
spk77
31 posters

PC and Mac editor available here !

fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 3 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by fredo Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

OK so I took some time to do more testing, and there was actually two bugs (that I could find;-) :
    - The 128th preset never got restored and was instead overwriting the first preset (for both restore and send to amp buttons)
    - The restore button was restoring library presets instead of restoring presets from the selected file
    Both bugs will be fixed in the next release.
    meph8

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 3 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by meph8 Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Fredo , my master, please also fix boost - mod intensity bug in windows version. :-)
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Yep will do ! :-)
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:40 am

fredo wrote:Both bugs will be fixed in the next release.
    Thanks fredo Smile
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Guys, I just uploaded the 2.0.1 version with the bug fixes : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Feedback is greatly appreciated !
    meph8

Post by meph8 Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Sweet. boost bug gone. Cant se any other bugs right now.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Cool, send to amp is working. I had a couple of crashes while sending to amp, but it doesn't cause any problems, just have to reset. It also stops sending (leaves dialog at x percentage) but everything up to that point is saved correctly. I just rerun the send to amp and I'm only using the lower settings so that is working fine.

I have to play with the Library/Amp mode on the Preset part, not quite sure how I should use that yet. Will play with that later today.

Overall really really useful Smile

fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 am

Thx for the feedback streuth !
    Yes I have had this crashes once in a while when testing the "Send To Amp" or "Restore" features...
    This is a bug in Ctrlr (the application that hosts the GM36 editor panel).
    I'm in touch with Roman Kubiak, the developer of Ctrlr, to try and find a fix for that.
    normula1

Post by normula1 Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi Fredo,

I'm guessing the store on a MIDI channel other than one is still not fixed. At least I still get the same error Smile

The other bugs look like they're fixed though.

Interestingly, Barre have released the long awaited updated Android App and that will allow me to store on different MIDI channels so it seems my hypothesis of this being potentially a bug in the GM36 was wrong Smile

Cheers,

Jeff
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:51 am

Hi Jeff,

The store MIDI channel should be partially fixed : once you've launched the editor, try and change the midi out channel to a different value and then change it back to the value you want to use.
    This will update the current channel used in the program to send the store command.
    It's a temporary solution : I will provide a final fix in the next release, which should come soon, with an all new design !
    My friend at H&K provided me with the graphic material from the iPad application, and I'm in the process of integrating it in my editor ;-)

Cheers,

Fredo.
    meph8

Post by meph8 Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Sweet Fredo. :-)

I it possible to save individual patches and the load one from file to a certain place in a library file?

Cheers
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Guys, the new version is available here ! : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Please, let me know what you think of the new design.

@meph8, I did not implement a preset management page yet... A library file is always loaded/saved as a whole. That being said, if you want to send a single preset from a library to the amp, you can do so by selecting the preset from library mode and then hit the "Store" or "Store as" button to send it to the amp.
    normula1

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:27 am

Hi Fredo
    doing that made no difference. I'm able to make real time changes in either direction on any channel, but when I hit the store button in the app, the store button on the GM lights up and stays solid. Sending another command such as loop on/off turns off the store light on the GM.

I hope you are going to keep the rotating knobs, it makes me smile every time I see them move... How shallow does that make me sound? Smile

Cheers,

Jeff
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 am

Yea I realized there was another bug with the store command on the previous version...
    Anyway, checkout the new version here : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    The channel bug should now be fixed, and yes, I kept the rotating knobs ;-)
    Thanks to report any other bug !
    normula1

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 am

H Fredo,

Very pretty and the channel bug is fixed Smile

I did have a strange error which I stupidly didn't write down the first time couple of times I launched the app until I manually loaded in the panel. Subsequent loads have been fine.

One small bug, when you have established bidirectional connection with the GM, changing the state of the boost / fx loop / noise gate in the app causes the icon in the app to disappear. Pressing the switch on the GM brings it back but doesn't accurately reflect the state.
    Doing the same with midi in (to the app) disabled is fine and still toggles the GM.

Kind regards,

Jeff
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:53 am

OK thx for the bug report, I'll look into that.
    normula1

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Fredo,

Bug #2, the modulation button doesn't want do show anything other than Chorus. it's the same in either Amp or Library mode and remains on chorus as you browse through preset list

Cheers,

Jeff
    normula1

Post by normula1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:06 pm

I meant the Modulation selector not the modulation on/off button
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:53 pm

OK, just uploaded a new version : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Everything should be fine now.
    Please let me know if it works out for you.
    normula1

Post by normula1 Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Fredo,

that works extremely well and all previous bugs I had seen are now fixed. I like the new icon too Smile

One feature (I'd hate to call it a bug) is that if the the reverb level, delay level or modulation intensity knobs are adjusted in the app, the relevant effect in the GM turns on but the indicator in the app stays off.

I also have a wierd issue that it (more likely CTRL) never has liked the MIDI in from the Gordius LG-FCB midi controller fitted to my Behringer FCB1010 but is fine via a cheap and nasty USB one. I half expect it's to do with my MIDI setup which is quite convoluted as I have a similar issue with the editor for my old Line 6 POD 2. Other editors e.g. the TC GMajor2 work just fine, so I'm guessing some are more sensitive than others Smile

Many thanks for all your efforts with this.

Cheers,

Jeff
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Thx for the feedback Jeff !
    Well noted for the reverb/delay/modulation toggles, I'll try and fix that.
    About the MIDI interface, as you guessed, I wont be able to do something for you...
    I'm relying on Ctrlr for that part which itself is relying on the Juce library (http://www.juce.com/). Maybe you can try and fill a bug report there...

I got feedback from the H&K guys who are presenting their products on the Namm booth : they are going to use my editor on a Mac for their demonstration :-)
    Can't wait for the big announcement they will make on Thursday !...

normula1

Post by normula1 Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Very cool, I'll keep a lookout for it on Thursday Smile
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Just tried the latest, very cool look and working great!!!

When I tried the new I initially had a problem with images showing up, was getting a Resource Not Found, so I deleted my preferences dir and tried again and it worked (although I got a bunch of dialogs the first time). After that works great.

That's cool it's going to be on display at Namm. Wonder what the "game changing" news is?
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:39 am

Thx for the feedback streuth !
    I know about the two bugs you mentioned, sorry about that.
    Ctrlr is such a great platform, but it has some really annoying bugs...
    I think I have workaround for both issues, I'll try to them in the next release.

We'll see tomorrow what the game changer is !
    meph8

Post by meph8 Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Fredo
    There are no resources in the windows version. No knpbs, sliders and so on.
    JUst red,green and blue led.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:34 pm