The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+27
jodumaje
drewzee87t
ronyx
Syn666
spikey
stargazer747
Adico
steve15366
NZ_Nick
xears
VoodooJeff
Fatjac
bordonbert
mmiddei
gravydb
djhollowman
namklak
jageya
granny36
streuth
trailride68
meph8
birkenhall
normula1
fredo
Egads
spk77
31 posters

PC and Mac editor available here !

fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 2 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by fredo Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 am

A new version of the panel is available here.
    I added a "Store as" button to change the preset location.
    The panel now uses SysEx messages instead of CC messages for a better accuracy.

What is the next feature you would like to see : preset backup/restore from a file ; or A/B compare current settings with previously saved preset ?
    normula1

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 2 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by normula1 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:00 am

backup / restore for sure
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Been trying on the mac and it's working really well. I don't have an IPad and I tried with a Nook using the android app but unable to get the Nook working, so what you've done with the control panel is great for me Smile

My FSM pedal doesn't track changes made from the control panel (it doesn't change patches), does it changes patches when using the IPad app?
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Yea I vote for backup/restore.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm working on the backup/restore feature right now ;-)
    Not sure as I don't own one, but I think the FSM pedal should track the changes made on the editor.
    How did you hook it up ?
    I think it should be something like : Mac Midi Out -> Amp Midi In / Amp Midi Out -> FSM Midi In / FSM Midi Out -> Mac Midi In
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 am

fredo wrote:I'm working on the backup/restore feature right now ;-)
    Not sure as I don't own one, but I think the FSM pedal should track the changes made on the editor.
    How did you hook it up ?
    I think it should be something like : Mac Midi Out -> Amp Midi In / Amp Midi Out -> FSM Midi In / FSM Midi Out -> Mac Midi In
    My midi connector has "To Midi In" which I put to the FSM "Midi In"
    and a "To Midi Out" which I put to the GM "Out/Thru"

Have you looked at how to save the preset name to the GM?
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:36 am

streuth wrote:
    My midi connector has "To Midi In" which I put to the FSM "Midi In"
    and a "To Midi Out" which I put to the GM "Out/Thru"
    Yeah that should work too, but just in case, could you try the other way around (To Midi In -> Amp Midi In / Amp Midi out -> FSM Midi In / FSM Midi Out -> To Midi Out) ?

streuth wrote:
    Have you looked at how to save the preset name to the GM?
    Yeah, unfortunately that's not possible...
    The amp does not store preset names, only preset parameters.
    The preset names are only stored within the application.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:40 am

How about storing them the backup/restore file?
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 am

Oh yeah, that we'll do !
    Unfortunately the ".gm36memory" file format used by the ipad application is an iOs specific binary format, so I will not be able to be compatible with this format...
    I plan to save the presets in a plain text file with a key/value properties format to keep it human readable.
    Something like this :
    Code:

[preset]
    name=Super Clean
    number=1
    gain=50
    etc.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 pm

fredo wrote:Oh yeah, that we'll do !
    Unfortunately the ".gm36memory" file format used by the ipad application is an iOs specific binary format, so I will not be able to be compatible with this format...
    I plan to save the presets in a plain text file with a key/value properties format to keep it human readable.
    Something like this :
    Code:

[preset]
    name=Super Clean
    number=1
    gain=50
    etc.

Cool that will be great!
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:55 pm

fredo wrote:
    streuth wrote:Hi looks really good. I tried hooking up to GM but doesn't seem to be talking (on Mac). Ahh I needed to set the device from the Midi menu Smile Very cool!!!
    Oups maybe I should have mentioned that !
    Yes you need to go the MIDI menu to set Input / Device and Output / Device to match you USB cable or whatever MIDI interface you connected the GM36 to.
    Thx BTW !
    Let me know if you have any other trouble (did not test it on Mac yet).

Should "Midi | Midi Thru | Input Device -> Output Device" be set?
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Still no luck getting FSM to track changes. I did try switching the in and thru but then it completely stopped working.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:02 pm

When I make changes on the gm36 should they be reflected immediately on the control panel? That doesn't work for my setup.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:11 pm

streuth wrote:When I make changes on the gm36 should they be reflected immediately on the control panel? That doesn't work for my setup.
    Yep, moving a knob on the GM36 should update the corresponding controller on the editor.
    If it's not the case, the Amp -> Editor MIDI connection is probably not setup properly.
    Maybe you have to check that MIDI / Input Device and MIDI / Output device are setup properly in Ctlr to match your USB interface.
    "Input Device -> Output Device" should NOT be set, otherwise you will get a complete loop and messages will circle through this loop infinitely.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:06 pm

fredo wrote:
    Yep, moving a knob on the GM36 should update the corresponding controller on the editor.
    If it's not the case, the Amp -> Editor MIDI connection is probably not setup properly.
    Maybe you have to check that MIDI / Input Device and MIDI / Output device are setup properly in Ctlr to match your USB interface.
    "Input Device -> Output Device" should NOT be set, otherwise you will get a complete loop and messages will circle through this loop infinitely.
    Aha! When I set Midi In to Channel 2 it updates as the GM knobs are changed, plus it tracks the FSM footswitch, although the footswitch still doesn't track any changes in the control panel - could still be something in my midi setup, but that's not a problem.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:16 pm

The IPad app shows the values of all the dials from 0 to 100 (http://hughes-and-kettner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GM_Presets.pdf), the control panel is showing them from 0 - 255, would be nice if that was translated to 0-100.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:42 pm

streuth wrote:The IPad app shows the values of all the dials from 0 to 100 (http://hughes-and-kettner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GM_Presets.pdf), the control panel is showing them from 0 - 255, would be nice if that was translated to 0-100.
    Yeah... I hesitated when I coded that, but I really did not like the idea of losing that much accuracy.
    The values displayed on my editor reflect the actual values stored in the amp (ranging from 0 to 255).
    The iPad app has to compute the value it displays like that : <displayed value> = <actual value> * 100 / 255, which is quite inaccurate with the rounding...
    I'm not sure if the knobs in the iPad app react with 255 steps or only 100 ; but none of this two options are good (either you move have 2 or 3 knob steps before the displayed value changes, or knob steps don't reflect the amp knobs).
    I think I will stay with the 0-255 scale sorry ;-)
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:45 pm

fredo wrote:
    streuth wrote:The IPad app shows the values of all the dials from 0 to 100 (http://hughes-and-kettner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GM_Presets.pdf), the control panel is showing them from 0 - 255, would be nice if that was translated to 0-100.
    Yeah... I hesitated when I coded that, but I really did not like the idea of losing that much accuracy.
    The values displayed on my editor reflect the actual values stored in the amp (ranging from 0 to 255).
    The iPad app has to compute the value it displays like that : <displayed value> = <actual value> * 100 / 255, which is quite inaccurate with the rounding...
    I'm not sure if the knobs in the iPad app react with 255 steps or only 100 ; but none of this two options are good (either you move have 2 or 3 knob steps before the displayed value changes, or knob steps don't reflect the amp knobs).
    I think I will stay with the 0-255 scale sorry ;-)
    How about both or a switch. It does lose accuracy but would be nice to enter values as seen on the IPad app (i.e. I was trying to reproduce a setting from the IPad presets because I accidentally changed one and I had to covert 2.55*the value they displayed). But not a big deal, I do like the accuracy of displaying the actual increments the knobs use.
    birkenhall
    birkenhall

Post by birkenhall Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:25 pm

I can't wait to get home and give this a try.
    Hoping it will work on the Windows Surface RT without a jailbreak but looking forward to trying it.
    birkenhall
    birkenhall

Post by birkenhall Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:59 pm

So far no joy with the Windows Surface RT. No fault of the programs though this is due to limitations on the Surface itself. Still trying to crack it but I believe that i will need to jailbreak the device in order to get it to work. I imagine Surface 1 Pro and up will not have this problem. If anyone is interested if i figure it out i will share the outcome on a new thread.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:07 am

Hi there !
    Just a word to tell you that I've just uploaded a new version of the editor here : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36
    This version features preset backup/restore.
    I did not have enough time to fully test it, so please report any bug here !
    meph8

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 2 Empty NIce

Post by meph8 Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello

Nice software. I am saving up for my GM36. :-)

If I tick boost button the intesity knob is maxed. why?

Maybe a bug?

Cheers
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Oh yeah, that's a bug !...
    Sorry about that, I'll get it fixed for the next release.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:50 pm

On Mac I get a Callback error:initPanel

At line[31]:[string "loadData"]

Error message: [string "loadData"]:31 attempt to index local 'factoryResource' (a nil value)

Method disabled
    normula1

Post by normula1 Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:59 am

Hi Fredo,
    works great for me with one small caveat that I'm beginning to think is a bug in the GM36 itself.
    The save (to amp) function only works if the GM36 is set to either MIDI channel 1 or has OMNI enabled. I've noticed a similar issue with the Android tablet editor as well.
    I guess it's not a limitation for most folks, but I wanted to avoid using channel 1 as I have another device that can only use channel 1.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:57 am